Book of Shadows, Vol. I: "As Above" - III - The Empress - The Goddess

Eeviee

From the companion book (p. 18):
The Goddess can be a Mother, a Huntress, a Destroyer.
This adds in Eyebright's research of the Great Hunter Goddesses.
When I wrote up my original post, I left out the fact that I have seen other aspects of the Goddess that are often referred to as Enchantress and Seductress. -These aspects are never placed in relation to the MM&C aspects of the standard Triple Goddess; as in, they do not appear to be contained to a single "stage" in The Goddesses' 3 main aspects.

Also, from p. 19:
Showing the Triple Goddess - that is, the Goddess in the form of the Maiden, Mother, and Crone - is one of the most popular depictions, and a very powerful one. It shows, in one image, three main archetypes of the Goddess and also highlights her changeable nature. While the God is associated with the sun and takes about 365 days to go through a cycle, the Goddess is associated with the moon and goes through her cycle in only 28 days. So in this image we see the variety of the Goddess' forms power, and gifts.
This passage links the Goddess to women and their monthly menstrual cycles. I feel I should mention that as the Goddess rules over Water, and not just of the seas, but of bodily fluids. In fact, in some circles, the Water suit is linked to blood and the colour of the suit is appropriately red. Sometimes, it is said that the Maiden changes to the Mother with menarche (the first menstrual cycle). This developmental milestone for girls is sometimes celebrated with a Coming of Age ceremony within the Pagan and Wiccan religions (SEE: http://www.paganspath.com/magik/grimoire/comeage.htm). Likewise, it is also sometimes said that the Mother aspect of the Goddess is turned into the Crone marked by the time of menopause (where a woman ceases to bleed on a regular basis). This development in maturation is also sometimes celebrated by a Croning ceremony (SEE: http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/wiccanandpaganrituals/p/Croning_Info.htm).
These, among other Pagan/Wiccan rites, support the natural process of aging. Against much of popular society's views on women's bodily functions and aging; they take spin sometimes awkward and/or embarrassing times of life for a woman and turn them into something to celebrate! The life-long feminist, and bold outspoken woman in me agrees heartily with these Pagan and Wiccan themes where feminine nature is nothing to be shamed of.

Disa

These, among other Pagan/Wiccan rites, support the natural process of aging. Against much of popular society's views on women's bodily functions and aging; they take spin sometimes awkward and/or embarrassing times of life for a woman and turn them into something to celebrate! The life-long feminist, and bold outspoken woman in me agrees heartily with these Pagan and Wiccan themes where feminine nature is nothing to be shamed of.

Here, Here! (Applause :) )