Bloody Eggs

Nytebugg

Okay, this might not be right to post here here but I can't seem to find info on this. Is there any folklore about a bloody chicken egg? Not just a blood spot but a full on chicken egg the white and yolk looked drenched in blood. I found one thing but it sounded like a bad omen if you are pregnant, which I am not.
I had one tonight which is odd. decades of cooking and this is the first one ever. I didn't get a bad feeling from it. In fact I felt quite the opposite; like something to behold may happen soon. It was just the feeling I got even though it was pretty yucky looking. I suppose I should just go with my gut feeling on it.

tarotbear

Not sure - but the folklore is that a woman who cracks open a bloody egg is pregnant - probably because all eggs are supposed to be candled to make sure they weren't fertilized. Not sure if the blood indicates the egg was fertilized or not - I'm a city boy here!

In a divination process, I would say that it since you have broken the egg shell, the bloody egg indicates plans going awry, secrets being told, or projects aborted.

Nytebugg

Thank you for the reply.

On the bird keeping side of things my neighbor said it was most likely an eggs laid by an unhealthy hen. She said because it came from a commercial egg farm that it would be highly unlikely to be a fertilized egg because the hens rarely ever come in contact with a rooster.

On the divination side, I read your keywords and I think there is something to that. maybe it's the egg version of the Tower card. Something out of the blue or surprising for good or bad that brings about unexpected changes.

Milfoil

Unfortunately, from some of the sources I have looked at, it is not a good omen but then they are not clear about whether the egg is simply found in daily use or in a specific divinatory way.

Perhaps if someone was using the egg and had chosen it in a specific way to divine with then yes, this would be a poor omen. Equally it could be exactly the sign one needed if the spell or intention of the divination was to determine the success of a rival.

It would be interesting to see if anything does come from this or if it is just one of those things that leads you to learning about egg divination etc.

tarotbear

Or is it an egg with a double yolk indicates pregnancy?

I agree with Milfoil's concept that 'is this an egg in daily use or one specifically for divination,' but then again - not all divinations are necessarily 'requested.' You don't say "I need to have a flock of birds fly by right now to answer my question," you just look up and notice them.

If you remember the old Kevin Costner 'Robin Hood' film, the crone breaks an egg over a bowl with runestones in it, stirs it around with her fingernail - and makes a statement.