Is there anything behind this?

Indigo_lady

Well.. I haven't been checking my email in a while.. I haven't had much access to the net

but I just discovered that my life changed forever last week... ohhh my

Sorry for the sarcasm, but it's this horoscope letters that I keep receiving every 3 months telling me how I'm about to win the lottery

And today I got this one saying that my life changed drastically last week, quoting some kind of "event" yet, it doesn't describe what event it is...

I don't really believe in this letter, but I'm just wondering if there was actually some kind of event on that day ;)

Why is the night of Monday, October 13, 2003 sacred for you? Why is this the date that can fully grant luck’s goodwill?

The magical Night throughout history...
In the ancient tradition which dates from the dawn of time, the magical night is an exceptional night. It is a cosmic night when the visible and material world is in harmony with the spiritual world. In other words, an ideal night for communicating with the spiritual forces which surround us. These supernatural forces are able to help people who request them to. This ancient practice-several thousand years old-symbolises the confidence and wisdom of that our ancestors had in the supernatural and cosmic forces bringing happiness on earth. Of course, for the spiritual forces to be able to work, the person requesting their help needs to be doing so only for good.

The spiritual meaning of Monday, October 13, 2003
Its meaning is very simple. On that night, you will be able to approach the night’s invisible and beneficial forces and request their help. It has been so for millennia, and still today, the beneficial forces can help you. All you need to do is accept my help and prepare for this meeting in the way I will reveal. You will then benefit from an unprecedented period for changing your life!

lunalafey

Interesting-
Oct 13th was a 13 month 'time-stamp' for me....I like the number 13
I did not have any, what I'd call, odd occurances. I was hoping to make the day a 'new-frontier' of sorts. A day to signify moving on to the next phase.

so this day has some sort of historical significance? from what belief/culture observes this?

Alta

In Canada, this year anyway, that was Thanksgiving Day. :) I have a feeling that didn't help.
I have never heard of that being a special date, but there are lots here more well-read than I am. Sounds great though. If it works that well, it should be more widely known. :D

Umbrae

Friday, October 13, 1307 – at dawn, Jacques de Molay the Grand Master of the Knights Templars, and almost ALL Knights Templars in continental Europe were arrested.

Most were tortured and many killed (Burnt at the toasty stake).

It’s the basis for our modern Friday the 13th mythos.

zorya

well.. it falls in 'national (u.s.) pet peeve week' and on st. edward the confessor's feast day...

i suspect it is just a play on the 13th, 13 being a sacred and magical number. wonder if you'll get a similar message on the 13th of other months.

MeeWah

Indigo_Lady: The commentary on "The magical night throughout history..." sounds like a description of October 31, or Samhain/Hallowe'en (All Hallow's Eve). That is one of the two occasions when the veil between the world of the living & of the spirits is said to be the thinnest. Good for communicating with spirits & magickal workings.

As Umbrae indicated, may harken to the origin of the associations with Friday the 13th.

Also: Judas Iscariot, the apostle who is said to have betrayed Christ, was the 13th apostle.

Indigo_lady

True.. the number 13 has several associations, but on this particular date I can't seem to come up with anything else

thanksgiving.. interesting... maybe it means I'm supposed to devote the rest of my life to saving turkeys...

There doesn't seem to be much behind this thing, in any case thanks a lot guys ;)

Red Emma

What's behind this?

Sorry to be a cynical Old Crone, but as I read Indigo Lady's post, I kept expecting the next sentence to be something like, "Just order our Super Duper, Goddess blessed device to ensure that you get your share of the magical sphere."

It also occurred to me that it might be a typo, and the number should read October 31 instead of the 13th.

Okay, I'm a cynic.

Red Emma

catlin

Apart from the burning of Jacques de Molay and Judas being the 13 th apostle I cannot recall anything special about that day.

Galiana

The last of the apparitions of the Virgin Mary in Fatima, Portugal took place on October 13, 1917.