A message from MY guardian angel

HOLMES

well i dont' know what to say

the hatred directed here, and the judgement has shocked me..
Doreen virtue is one of the foundations of my spirituality.
from the love i have felt and the truth of her path when i read it has touched me.
this is a case of prejudgement before you go and read her words, due to a misconception.. like those who have judged tarot cards as evil, or stupid, before they have read about tarot.

in the case of hitler which i didnt' study , and his belief in the aryan race. there are lots of differences here.

she lists some characteristics she noticed when her psychic senses told her they were certain kind of earth angels.
she isn't preaching that all blondes, who are chubby are angels.
nor preaching that all those of celtish , descent is earth elementals in form. but simply sharing that she noticed when her senses told her about their souls,, they had this characteristic.

sure hate groups can take this and pervert this,,, as all hate does to truth. example people were judgemental about the great white brotherhood before hate groups started to use their names for their purposes.
remember when the sniper dropped the tarot card of death (i think ) and how that could of affected the views of the masses.
i still kept on my path as a tarot reader, knowing it was the path for me.

if you still feel the same way after you read it, then i have nothing more to say :O)

angelwhispers

Moongold, I'm glad to hear I resparked your interest in your angels, I'm sure they are anxious to connect with you.

originally posted by Nevada34
Moongold took the words out of my mouth. I was just about to purchase a Virtue book the other day, because I'm curious about her. The curiosity stems from having read both positive and negative opinions and wanting to make up my own mind. Nothing can be entirely bad that inspired you to write the message here that you did, so I'm still intrigued and still planning to read one of her books.

Nevada34(Rhiannon)
When I bought Virtue's oracles and then her books I was only looking for one thing really and that was a way to connect to my angels something I've long been trying to do unsuccessfully. So when it finally happened and it was such a wonderful experience I just wanted so much to share that and I understand that the message from my angel was well received and the problem is with Virtues viewpoints in her books.

I will say again there are points of her books I don't necessarily agree with. I don't believe you have to give up caffeine, don't drink alcohol, or be a vegan to connect with your Angels. I believe everyone can connect with their angels if thats what they believe, or their spirit guides. I guess since I had one purpose and that was to connect thats what I focused on in the books and when I thought she was saying something I didn't particulary agree with I just said to myself 'thats what worked for her but thats not for me' and moved on. I still found the book a very good resource to teach me, and it helped to strengthen my faith again where it once was lacking, but thats just my little opinion :)

Nevada

Sound Advice

angelwhispers said:
I will say again there are points of her books I don't necessarily agree with ... I had one purpose and that was to connect thats what I focused on in the books and when I thought she was saying something I didn't particulary agree with I just said to myself 'thats what worked for her but thats not for me' and moved on.
That's sound advice to apply to whatever we read. Thanks again for sharing.

Nevada34

HOLMES

eheheh

the part about going vegan, and drinking only water, and such has made sense for me for years before i read that in doreen virtue lightworker, divine guidance book.

still i haven't been able to incorpate that into my diet,, i only had a burger, and frenchfries with a coke from macdonalds.
there i had cheese products (supposed to clog up the system , back up by research)
meat(secondary source of energy as they get their energy from plants, , )
(coke has caffine in it)

i broke all the rules(all i can think of right now is to loose right , and to drink only water sounds a little extremist, or hard to do ,
let alone never to taste the delicious mcnuggests again.. , or taste the ever satisfying cold taste of pop going down my throat)

all i can do in this case is hope the attunements will inspire me to move on a better vibratory life. and eat only live foods (vegatables) as the ancients sages say.

"heard stories of people with cancer beating their cancer with eating vegatables for example.. perhaps there is more truth to the changing the diet to hear the angels communciations better then we realize"

i realize that in my last post i sound judgemental to those who are sharing their thoughts about what doreen virtue has shared in her book about earth angels.
this after my principal is to let go of judgement and live on in acceptance.

it is never easy to walk the path..
so i apoligize for my comments.
and humbly ask that you simply read what she is saying in her book then i accept all that you feel.
perhaps i am coming from a sort of halo effect.. where the leader they are following can do no wrong.
i sincerly hope that isn't the case.
(i am loyal but i don't want to be a blind follower)
so the conflict this thread has brought up for me has been more then the racial stereotype issues.
as a native on a reserve living in the modern world i know what it is to be steroetyped.. and to stereoytped back.
and some people say good for them..
but is it really ..
the new world vision of peace that we are trying to live up to says it isn't..
still i believe in my hearts of hearrts that doreen wasn't trying to come from any racial slurs, with all my soul.
that is why i ask you to read that part first .

Alta

HOLMES, I saw your earlier posts and did think about what the impact would be but I apologize because I didn't act at the time.
I am not a fan of hasty judgements drawn from scant evidence.

Alta

It occurs to me that I should expand on my above post. I think that folks who are posting should actually read a couple of her books. If you still think she promoting racial stereotypes, well, at the least I can accept that it is an informed opinion.

Moongold

I haven't read anything of Doreen Virtue's but have had her recommended because of the angels message, and that is what I am interested in. She was recommended to me ages ago but the book wasn't in the shop I visited at that time.

Perhaps people can make up their minds when they read her book that part of her message they would like to retain.

Holmes, that seems to me is simply what you have done - made her message meaningful to you - and you are much loved for that and the way you share it with us in constant giving :).

Moongold

The discussion in this thread raises questions for me about shadows and accepting people as fully human and what that means about the messages we hear from them.

I might go away and start another thread on this.

Diana

Marion said:
It occurs to me that I should expand on my above post. I think that folks who are posting should actually read a couple of her books.

I have read two of her books (I have one on my bookshelves) but indeed, not the one in question in this post. I doubt I'll ever get to read it, because they do not stock her books in our local library (they are not all translated into French) and I am definitely not going to buy a book that encourages racial stereotypes.

Kiama's post was very interesting. I hope she'll start publishing her books soon.

Kiama

I have read many of Doreen Virtue's books, and owned her Healing with the Angels Oracle cards. My opinions of her work are based on a thorough examination of the text.

Whilst I am sure Virtue herself is not promoting racial stereotypes consciously, I think her work can be taken as that, and it also has other factual wrongs that make me squirm, aswell as ideas that I just don't agree with. (Those I stated in my above post).

I'm not saying everybody should hate Virtue's work (I say her work, because I will not pass judgement on a person based on books they have written. People and their work can be two very different things.) Just that I do not agree with it.

Kiama's post was very interesting. I hope she'll start publishing her books soon.

Only in a world where there are no critics and reviewers (like me) will I do that! ;) I've seen the kind of stuff people can say about books, I've said some of it myself, and I don't think I could cope with that kind of criticism of my work.

Kiama