The Celtic Lenormand is on its way -- by Will Worthington

Carla

The Celtic Lenormand, due out Autumn 2013.

http://celticlenormand.blogspot.co.uk/

From the site:

This is a 44-card, pagan-themed Lenormand deck. Combining the nature-based focus of pagan beliefs with the recent popularity of the Lenormand deck, these cards are located in the landscape of Brittany, in the North of France.

This area was populated by Celts for over five hundred years, and is still considered one of the six surviving Celtic nations, bringing authenticity to this depiction. It also connects the deck with the more modern, French Lenormand tradition.

The 36-card structure has been maintained in the numbering of the images. In this way, the deck can be used as a traditional Lenormand Oracle. However, eight additional cards have been created. These offer same-sex gender combinations and gender balance to the “people” cards. They also bring a tripartite aspect of the Goddess and a dual aspect of the God into the cards. The deck is designed to offer symbolism and interpretations based on the phases of the moon, the elements, and the Wheel of the Year.

In the 36-card form, the deck can be read following any of the common Lenormand systems. It can also be read to incorporate the aspects of the Goddess and God, the moon phases, the elements and the Wheel of the Year interpretations. Or else you can add in as many of the extra cards as you like for additional possibilities and understandings.

All we have so far is one preliminary sketch of the Rider, by Will Worthington.

AJ

looks like a knight of swords

tarotcognito

It does look like the Knight of Swords, doesn`t it...

GryffinSong

This looks like it has a lot of potential.

Tanjamuse

I'll definitely keep my eyes on this :)

December_Empress

Bump. They updated the website to show a few additional cards (clouds, snake, etc.).

GryffinSong

The more I see it the more I love it. I wonder if they have an estimate of when it will be available? I looked at the Facebook site, but didn't see an ETA.

Bluefeet

Beautiful art! Thank you for bumping this. :)

Le Fanu

I hope he chooses the Snake card where it is not shedding its skin. I don't really like layers of connotations and added symbolism in Lenormand cards; the simpler, the better.

Winterchild

Hmmmmm

I love the artwork, love the tree and the broom.... I just cant help thinking it will be a Lenormand for the sake of it.... of course the final cards may be more Lenormandified but I am not sure if it works for me..... !