What would you say is the scariest/creepiest Tarot deck?

WyrdRaven

The Baphomet Tarot (H.R. Giger). Both the imagery and the text are deeply disturbing.

rachelpaul

Dark Carnival . . . haven't seen that one before. It manages to be both vulgar and creepy at the same time. Unbeatable combination! It looks like what Deviant Moon wants to be when it grows up . . . and discovers bath salts. There's bloody axes everywhere . . .

LOL @ bath salts. I almost spit out my coffee reading this!

ilweran

Oh gods yes...the Enochian...totally forgot about that one...it seriously weirded me out as well...and it's a shame because I really wanted to like the system it used...

Is that the Enochian done by the same artist as the New Orleans Voodoo tarot? That deck creeped me out...

Emily

Ahh now I resisted putting the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot down as one of my creepy decks, mainly because I'm in denial about it, forget I have it and don't see myself using it in the near future. :)

zan_chan

Before I read any of the previous responses to this thread I'm just gonna call it: Barbara Walker, hands down. There is just something about that deck that's inherently f***ed up.

EDIT: Okay, read the previous responses. Yup. :p :laugh:

Alta

And the odd thing about the Barbara Walker is that the Majors are more or less okay, it is those minors that induce the 'creep factor' feelings.

greatdane

Not sure I find the Barbara Walker the scariest or creepiest, but the Princess of Wands is really, what was the word you used Zan Chan? :) There are various decks I find creepy, unsettling, but not for necessarily the reasons other people would, or even that other people would. There are some decks I like the art work and if they were hanging on my wall wouldn't find creepy, but as a reading deck I do.

videojob8

Me personally, Deviant Moon. Something about it is just creepy.

Little Hare

I'm going to get shot for this but the Victorian romantic, creeps me the hell out. I had it when it first came out and promptly traded it away.