The Devil as feelings - always just physical?

Stu123

Hi everyone,

The Devil card came up too many times regarding someones feelings for me (I think also once how they see me too)

Obviously, what I came up with was firstly, that its just physical attraction, however, from this persons behaviour towards me, I really doubt it! I mean, if someone is just after looks, you notice it dont you, but this person just doesnt look at me in this way...

SO, I was wondering whether anyone has any experience of this card representing different aspects...hmmm, maybe he just sees me as The Devil entering his life??!!?!? :( Or maybe too controlling, too keen, intruding, annoying, scary...?

venetia6

for me devil is always sexual and obsessive

poppiesrossi

Anytime I had the devil show up in my life.. it was form of control, lust, sex.. and obsession. Or the shadow parts of ourselves that we keep hidden from others or repress due to our restrictive society.

Is a devil relationship healthy? Rarely but it can be a catalyst for change.. and breaking away limitations. I am not that afraid of the Devil card as others are.. probably because first.. I lean towards more Buddhist philosophies so Devil isn't such an evil force or something that is that powerful in my line of beliefs.. just the Jungian side that we all have.

Devil can also be about an unbreakable bond. For better or for worse.. a couple stays together.

As for feelings.. I would say that the other person wants to own you.. possess you. you bring out that pan side to him... carnal pleasure.. unbridled lust.. fun.. and a bit dangerous.. but it could easily turn into something dark and twisty. That's the bad side of the Devil... but once we can acknowledge the shadow side.. we can integrate it into our lighter side so we become more whole.

YDM42

Well I would think that if his feelings are the devil, his feelings about, it would tend to be obsessive, sexual, animal attraction, he cant help himself, or it could be anger, but I tend to see emperor or some other card reversed or tower for that. Maybe he doesn't like you and feels obligated or even that its something he has to do and has no control of. Personally for me its shown up as anger, and sexual that's about it, when it comes to a persons feelings. I hope you figure it out, it would be interesting to see how it plays out.

RowanWand

It may not be just about looks. Yes, there is a certain materialistic side, but there's more of an animalistic nature to the devil, there is a level of lust involved too. As a feeling, I would categorize the Devil as a lustful, selfishness. Self gratification. A guilty pleasure.

YDM42

Hey...maybe he feels tempted by you, like you are temptation or that you are tempting him big time.

Theta Choir

I don't think The Devil is always about sex or physical lust. For me, it's about addictive behavior and bad choices.

For example, let's say this guy is a friend of yours that has a drinking problem. If you have gone out for drinks together -- even as platonic friends -- it could be that he sees you as an enabler to his addiction.

Or, as others have mentioned, he may have an addictive need to control others, and see you as a convenient pawn. Or perhaps he has anger management issues and takes his rage out on you rather than deal with his own problems (even though he knows it's wrong).

If your instincts are telling you that this is not a "physical lust" kind of thing, then I think you would be wise not to ignore that, and to keep looking deeper until you find an answer that resonates with you.

skywatching

I've seen this card represent feelings of anger or hate

It could also show a love / hate type of relationship with this person

WalesWoman

The Devil as feelings isn't always physical, there is no Always in Tarot. To me it can be feeling chained, or even linked to someone, this can be voluntary, but more often it's feeling that tie to someone that draws you to them of it's own accord... it doesn't have to make sense, you only know it pulls you of it's own violation. It's being so stuck on someone, you need them like a drug to sustain you... it could be physical chemisty or emotional bondage.

It can also feel like trouble, that Devil is up to no good and no good can come from this, so run like hell or end up in it, no matter how tempting or attractive it is... an offer you can't refuse type of thing.

It can feel like giving in to your wild side, letting go of all your inhibitions and indulging, since if it feels too good, it must be a sin.

Then there is the Devil you do know vs. the Devil you don't... this could be feelings about making a choice and in this case it could be choosing what makes you feel good and damn the consequences.

rebecca-smiles

I love your reply Wales woman.

I would also add 'bad boy' (or girl) image. Some people just can't resist what they you will be bad for them, and sometimes that is exactly what makes that person attractive. Something I've never understood!