Dream Divination 2013-001

danieljuk

Firstly I have been watching American Horror Asylum and a few other things this week like Supernatural so hopefully it just stems back to these tv shows...

DREAM ONE This menacing Uncle Fester look alike had this obsession with these two sisters between 18 and 22 with dark shoulder length hair slim builds only every chance he got he would grab the oldest and literally cause some physical harm. eg.broken wrist. And I couldnt help but wonder if he may have gone beyond hurting someone at some stage. I was like a bystander seeing it all, but like a movie. Anyways this menace to society (he really was) eventually abducted these girls and had them in this mansion of a place which was rather lavish and fit for the elite. Dont know how but both girls made it to the door towards freedom, but on t urning back HE multiplied into 10.

I knew then....it isnt one...there are more and those girls had no chance at all!

Next dream....this father, 7 or 8 yr old son, and a police officer are in a booth at a bar/pub only in whispered tones. (Something is amiss and not feeling right). Next thing just the boy is left with the officer and the man is leaning towards the boy trying to stroke his arm or whatever he can touch. And then he snatches the boy!

Birds eye view...I can see this officer with a 2 or 3 old in a bedroom not doing anything, but the feeling or vibe just isnt right. Its like he is about to jump on the top of the toddler in a scare tactic or something.

Alot of abuse in this dream and physical most of all. All these young ones felt fear and not being safe whereas the villian and officer were on power trips for their own self satisfaction. I found both dreams disturbing...really did.

Will think on what they might mean....

MY TAKE:

Not sure about all the abuse, as in has this been literal in your life in some way, or symbolic for something. Are you perhaps interested in working with abused or neglected children? Know someone that was, or is there a story that may have deeply affected you, as it was close to home.

Or maybe you would rather avoid certain things as you dont want to be abused or mistreated.

Interesting we have a crooked policeman and a bad criminal like felon that both like to harm youngsters....TWO BAD MALES at that...and not blood related. Power trips and control were extreme with both of them.

Were there perhaps "adults" not related or definitely not your parents that may have been bullies or unfair with you at some point in your life or came across as being aggressive and cruel. Trying to make sense of these "men' and one that really speaking should have been trusted by kids (everyone) yet was a predator in the worst sense. eg The Police Officer.

Like someone in a position of authority, but abusing and taking advantage of that position.

Not sure if you can relate to this, but it truly has been one of the most unsettling lucid dreams I have ever had the misfortune to dream and I have actually been very tactful what I have written here as I saw more than what Im saying and would rather not revisit.

YDM42's dream is similar without any abuse! officer is in the front, other person in the back. there is a power divide there.

Sorry you had a bad dream for me DownUnderNZer (((DownUnderNZer)))
Well I have never had abuse in my own life and never been abused by an authority figure. Friends of mine have had nasty incidents with the local police and other authority figures (with later cover ups and all) and so I do have a slight lack of trust for them that they always do the right thing, if that makes sense. But nothing like this.

I had a long search on google this morning about all the parts of the dream. If you remove that I haven't had previous abuse there is some symbolism left.

The abuse could be that someone is taking advantage of me or feeling victimised. not in the same way as in your horrific dream
dreaming of witnessing abduction could be helplessness. you were helpless to do anything

the children again (common theme for me). before children were in dangerous situations but always were okay in the end. sadly not always in this case. still wonder if that is inner child

I don't want to work with abused children really but would like to work in social work or rehabilitation of people. never thought about with children though!

I was bullied quite a lot in my childhood, perhaps this is something about that

Some more off tangent meanings of abuse in a dream from around the internet - trouble and hostility with the people you live with (or in a block, the other residents), feeling insulted and also a court case!

really interesting I had a positive dream last night that I can remember! I was with a really nice future male partner who was dominating, like he took the lead in the relationship. However it was not abusive. It wasn't a negative thing

Will have to think if anyone is taking advantage of me and think about the power element some more.

DownUnderNZer

Social Work was the word I was looking for....and not just children as the girls were 18 to 22...but the boys were under 8 yrs old and the last thing I saw in that "dream".

Im wondering if something significant happened around the age of 2 and 3 for you...then 7 or 8...and late teens to early twenties. That has come up too now that Im looking at it a bit more.

AND I am so glad no abuse like that happened...that cop was truly cruel and sadistic...and that felon got joy out of breaking limbs, I actually saw him break both her arms and legs like she was a rag doll....it was really horrible to watch!.

Must be abuse of power thing going on somewhere.

Bullying? That must have impacted on the way you are today unless you have resolved that on an inner level.

Back to the thinking board....

PS Bought this awesome gem of a dream dictionary in August of last year....never used it....but was hoping for something like this to happen so I could! :bugeyed:

YDM42

I didnt have any dreams that I can recall at the moment, I do remember telling myself to remember something that I saw in my sleep, but it escapes me at the moment.

****Wondering if the police officers and kids have anything to do with a desire to be rescued.**********

danieljuk

Social Work was the word I was looking for....and not just children as the girls were 18 to 22...but the boys were under 8 yrs old and the last thing I saw in that "dream".

Im wondering if something significant happened around the age of 2 and 3 for you...then 7 or 8...and late teens to early twenties. That has come up too now that Im looking at it a bit more.

AND I am so glad no abuse like that happened...that cop was truly cruel and sadistic...and that felon got joy out of breaking limbs, I actually saw him break both her arms and legs like she was a rag doll....it was really horrible to watch!.

Must be abuse of power thing going on somewhere.

Bullying? That must have impacted on the way you are today unless you have resolved that on an inner level.

Back to the thinking board....

PS Bought this awesome gem of a dream dictionary in August of last year....never used it....but was hoping for something like this to happen so I could! :bugeyed:

ooh let me know the details because I want to buy a good dream dictionary! I've always felt they would be too "limiting" but if they are actually useful and contain all the key words. its my current interest :)

I said before that my original question was going to be what people saw me doing in future and its the second dream which contains some possible future career ideas. I am interested in social work or counselling / therapy :)

the ages are interesting! between about 1 and 3 years old I had a hernia operation in hospital. I was born with it. They didn't do such a great job and it had to be re done at 7 or 8 years old! late teens was when I first got my health problems that I still have now, that was around 17, 18. They are all linked by health situations in my life. I was never abused in any of those health problems though

my bullying is not exactly resolved internally yet! hmmm will think about it some more!
maybe a message to be more assertive (don't be submissive)

danieljuk

****Wondering if the police officers and kids have anything to do with a desire to be rescued.**********

oooh that is such a good one! didn't even think that before but it's true!
might do a tarot reading for myself on that later, will I be rescued? who will rescue me? why do I want to be rescued? :)

DownUnderNZer

ooh let me know the details because I want to buy a good dream dictionary! I've always felt they would be too "limiting" but if they are actually useful and contain all the key words. its my current interest :)

I said before that my original question was going to be what people saw me doing in future and its the second dream which contains some possible future career ideas. I am interested in social work or counselling / therapy :)

the ages are interesting! between about 1 and 3 years old I had a hernia operation in hospital. I was born with it. They didn't do such a great job and it had to be re done at 7 or 8 years old! late teens was when I first got my health problems that I still have now, that was around 17, 18. They are all linked by health situations in my life. I was never abused in any of those health problems though

my bullying is not exactly resolved yet! hmmm will think about it some more!

Well the funny thing is I CANT FIND IT and I have looked in all the obvious places. But I will say that it does PSYCHOLOGICAL and SPIRITUAL at the same time, so is rather interesting. I did flick through it when buying it as the assistant at the time in the shop had this reoccurring dream of always killing people she knew in her life!

Outside of that maybe one bibliography reading on here and that is it.....

krystalkitty

I havent had any dreams just been waking up but I am hoping tonight will be a more restful night for the last night of dreaming.. :) x

DownUnderNZer

Not much this time...just missing thongs for my feet...so no shoes again!!!!:( But this time it bothered me not to have them as I needed to be somewhere...so inconvenient.

Thats all I remember....

YDM42

So sorry-not one dream to report-sigh.

celticnoodle

no more dreams from me either. sorry.