A little bit of magic

TemperanceAngel

I know I am probably in the wrong thread, but no-one seems to use the "magic" forum.

I would love some advice please??

I had a beautiful wand made for me out of willow, with the 3 moon phases engraved on it and a moonstone placed in it. Now it is quite possible you can all guess my starsign, but this is not my question.

How do I consecrate my wand?

I would love to hear from all with suggestions!!!

Many Blessings

zorya

your new wand sounds lovely!

i would put it out under the moon each day for an entire moon cycle, ie full to full. it would be easier and still work ok to set it out under just one full moon. either way i would always bring it in before daylight. doing this under the moon closest to the solstice would be the most powerful, so you may want to do it again then.

while doing this, i would use a simple ritual to ask that the item be consecrated or blessed.

the magic forum is only accessable to subscribers, so i will leave this thread here for 24 hours before moving it there.

TemperanceAngel

Thanks for your reply, I will put the wand out next week in the full moon.

I do like then fact that it moves from the Gemini to the Cancer full moon.

Magic is a universal sound.

TemperanceAngel

Humble apologies for thinking no-one uses the magic forum, I am so new here. (Just this week actually)

Now I have subscribed and found so many more amazing forums to learn from, why didn't I join before???

If anyone else has any advice for bringing my new wand into being, getting it ready for action, so to speak, then please let me know all advice will be gratefully received and appreciated.

XTAX

jmd

May I give some very specific suggestions...

Given your location, and that you will also know the place, may I suggest taking it to the Rock of Ages, and there, with the four elements circled about you, consecrating it with purified water, consecrated salt, incence and the flame of a burning stick.

All whilst having the Blessings of the Moon's fullness above you :)

TemperanceAngel

jmd our paths will cross very soon for sure!

Sounds like a brilliant idea, BUT I do not drive and am a full-time student with exams SOON and I read professionally two days a week as well. Hence i should be studying, but this place is so fabulous.

That could be a thing to do in Summer, but for now anyone else have any home ideas for a city gal?

Many Thanks

XTAX

zorya

glad you've joined us in the subscriber section temperance angel!

tomorrow is not only a full moon and an eclipse but also the harmonic concordance. there will be a great deal of energy available. (you may want to check the date and time on this, as i don't know when it occurs in your location.)

jmd's suggestion of consecrating it with the four elements was an excellent one. maybe a variation on this would work better for you.

if burning a stick is not possible, a candle could work.

for water use only natural water such as rain or spring water. purified or distilled water can be used if you have no access to the others. never use tap water.

for air, you could smudge or burn incense or even lay a feather over it.

for earth, an alternative could be to surround it with stones.

TemperanceAngel

sounds great! What about rose water? I have myrrh (resin) for my incense.

I knew it was the full moon tomorrow, but am on sure what is going on in the eclipse? Any planets?

The energy will be amazing at work today!

Thanks for your help, Zorya.

XTAX

skytwig

What a Magickal wand!!

I am a double Cancer, so this Moon babie is drooling..... :D

Tomorrow is a grand, grand opening. It is discussed here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18225

Consecrating your wand during this time will certainly be significant!

Welcome! We're glad you are here! :)

TemperanceAngel

many many thanks to y'all

*much excitement in the TA's world*

Sunday evening the wand was consecrated in, well THAT energy from the weekend. Woo baby...

And now I will wait until after the Cancer full moon to get this baby into action.

Can wands be called babies?? Hmmm...anyways anyone got any ideas for my first spell?

Am I being greedy hogging this thread with all MY questions?

XTAX