Two reasonable Manly P. Hall titles:

Cerulean

1. The Tarot: An essay by Manly P. Hall, (ISBN: 0-89314-382-0) about $5.00 to $10.00 on Amazon.com. As an adjunct to the Knapp Hall Tarot (which was originally illustrated as an adjunct to the Manly P. Hall encyclopedia...more below). The Mantegna and Knapp Hall line drawings in black and white are well done.
Text appears different than the majors-only discussion and history in title below.

New and interesting:

A $25.00 to $30.00 edition of the "Secret Teachings of All Ages" Readers Edition by Manly P. Hall. (ISBN: 1-58542-259-9).

The brief tarot related discussion does go into more depth about the majors and some historic--that is up to 1938--opinions of tarot trump orderings, etc. Interesting if you like period titles and seeing a poster-style layout of the knapp-hall---however, the detail of the line drawings above are not included in this book, in fact even the text differs. Here the focus I found valuable was the discussion of the majors.

Lots of other esoteric history information and opinions---the sales person said that online he's seen the full encyclopedia version go for at least three figures. I gather from looking at the excerpts of the color illustrations that it was beautifully done.

jmd

I agree - both of these are little treasures.

In the Essay, Hall also has two wonderful woodcuts of X - Fortuna/Wheel of Fortune which have such beautiful double relevance to Tarot, for on one of these, the seven stages of life have a number of similarities to the Fool, the Magician, the Hermit, a Page, and Temperance.

This has been of the images I intend to eventually scan and post on the X thread in the History & Iconography Forum.

Thanks for mentioning these, Mari_H.