Books of 2012

BodhiSeed

It's been a long time since I've purchased a tarot book (other than one that came with a deck set). I suppose the last one I bought was Greer's "21 Ways." But now I'm sort of itching for a new tarot read, and I'm curious what new stand-alone books that others consider some of the best of 2012. Any suggestions?

Elendil

Mileage as always may vary, but I found these books interesting reads this year:

Tarosophy by Marcus Katz
The Tarot Playbook by Lynda Cowles
Psychic Tarot by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie Howard

BodhiSeed

Mileage as always may vary, but I found these books interesting reads this year:

Tarosophy by Marcus Katz
The Tarot Playbook by Lynda Cowles
Psychic Tarot by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie Howard

Thanks for this list E!:heart: I got "Psychic Tarot" last year for my birthday, so I have read that one, but I don't know anything about the other two. Off to check them out on Amazon!:)

Shade

Tarot Face to Face - Katz
Tarot of the Magicians: The Occult Symbols of the Major Arcana that Inspired Modern Tarot - Wirth (new translation)

greatdane

Well it's NEW to me in 2012

Wow, what timing! I have been really happy with Tarot Plain and Simple, but I wanted something that showed a bit more re certain types of readings (like if you get this pents card in a relationship reading). So I popped over into the Books section here and clicked on the "practical" one (wasn't looking for something re tarot and....astrology, runes, etc....not that that's not great info, but I wanted less). I saw Solandia gave quite high marks to Tarot: Your Everyday Guide re a practical book to add to one's tarot library, found it on Amazon by a vendor used for...a dime plus shipping...and it's on it's way :)).
Now that's not a new one for this year but it's a new one for me in 2012! I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a book, but hopefully this will give me what I'm looking for. Good luck, BodhiSeed!

RunningWild

It's been a long time since I've purchased a tarot book (other than one that came with a deck set). I suppose the last one I bought was Greer's "21 Ways." But now I'm sort of itching for a new tarot read, and I'm curious what new stand-alone books that others consider some of the best of 2012. Any suggestions?

There were some fun ones that came out this year. The Tarot Playbook has some interesting ideas on ways to have play dates with your decks. I recently acquired Rachel Pollack's Tarot for Magical Times but I'm sort of plodding through it. Katz and Goodwin put out their Around the Tarot in 78 Days and that has, for me, a few new things to ponder within the pages.

I'm currently also reading a couple of Duquette's books which, while not new, are new to me (Understanding the Thoth and Chicken Qabalah).

BodhiSeed

Thanks Shade, GreatDane and RunningWild!:heart: Sounds like Katz has been busy this past year!:)