tarot and astrology the pursuit of destiny

HOLMES

it is a smaller book then i took it to be, but it does have 223 pages.
it was first written in 1941, yet what was new then i found to be still new today.
first let me share the contents by the link
http://www.gotoit.com/titles/tarast.htm
Table of Contents
Tarot & Astrology
The Pursuit of Destiny

Foreword
Introduction
Part One
1. A New Approach to an Old Idea
2. The Order of the Formula
Part Two
The Twelve Signs of the Zodiac and the Thirty-Cycles
Part Three
1. The Practical Uses of the Formula
2. Getting Along Together
3. Nothing But a Pack of Cards
4. The World We Live In
5. The Qualities of Time
6. Pursuit of Destiny

and to share that each zodiac sign is not shared as say virgo as a earth sign is such and such.
but by their golden dawn assocations in the major arcana.
furthermore the 30 cycles, should be the 36 cycles for it deals with the 36 decanates. yes this book deals only with the 36 decanates in the minors as assigned by the golden dawn but in a new way i never thought of before.

The minors cards up into now have always been events for me, but no longer, and this is because the author deals with the minor arcana decanates as people influences. Muriel Bruce does this by looking at the sun sign, the planet influenced as set by the decanates, the number of the card itself.
to give an example , turning to a page at random to page 115, and looking at the section, I can share the following.
it deals with the four of swords, but the section calls it the four of libra, october 13-22 (20 degrees to 29.59 degrees of libra)
potential number four.
frequency jupiter
basic quality air.
then it deals with the postive, the negative, the balance, and comment as through the history of the ten day cycle people.

of course this is essentially the same as saying all people born on these days have these essential qualities.. which may seem at first to sound absurd if not for we have already done that with the sun sign for the month period of each zodiac sign.

and it is a formula for arriving at some key componets of our basic make up . to quote from the book
"the true value of the ten day cycle would seem to lie in the fact that it shows up the componet parts of our real natures,thus enabling us to be ourselves with conscious and intelligent purpose"
the pratical uses of the forumala points out that this is used by how the praticoner understands it.. example would be a strict person would stick to it rigidly while a flexible person would use it another key to a blueprint of the make up of a person. to put it into my own words.

the chapter of getting along together examines the formula more, and shares that planets are not planets in astrology but frequencies that affect our own planet. and before they were planets they were gods.
example of this kind of thinking would be this except from the chapter,
"No one knows who first gave to the saturn symbol its psychological qualification of sternness and discipline, but living at close quarters with anyone having a saturn frequency in the birthdate pattern provides convincing evidence of its truth".
and that paragraph goes on to explore saturn other name of kronos as father time, which brings about another quality of a fatherly kindness for example.

nothing but a pack of cards,
here it explores the theory about how the cards were made. the christian church was burning books, and symbols document, that the only thing that wasn't burnt was "pictures and numbers" and so the blue print of everything was tied into those pictures and numbers. (hence the reasons for the pictural major arcana, numbered minor arcana, and the court cards)
this theory indicates that :
"the legend states that in or around the year 1200, a small group of learned men met secretly in the Moroccan city of Fez, which was one of the few remaining outposts of culture in the dying civlization of the time. Even in Fez, at the beginning of the 13 centuary, the intellectual blackout was closing in rapidly".
then it goes on to explore what was added together, and what records indicate this. and moves on to this quote
"the present research suggests that in constructing the original tarot pack, the wise men of Fez were making a glyph, or composite symbol, of the interrelated works in the world we live in, as they understood it at the time"

the further little chapters examine the ten day cycle place in the our world, and quotes qualities of time a lot as the possible basis for how they examined the ten day cycle , they refering to the ancients.

this book by virtue of the astrological signs of the major arcana divides it up into aries starting with the emperor, adds in the three signs of aries and move forward according.

seeing the possiblities for the further uses of the ten day cycle ,, i see yet another way of relating twelve major arcana to the minors cards.

aries emperor influences 2, 3,4, of wands.
taurus heirophant as taurus influences 5, 6,7, of pentacles,
gemini lovers influences 8, 9, 10 of swords.
cancer chariot influences 2,3,4, of cups
leo strenght influences 5, 6, 7, of wands.
virgo hermit influences 8,9, 10 of pentacles
libra justice influences 2, 3,4, of swords
scorpio hanged man influences 5,6,7, of cups, (in one book besides me tarot awareness, hanged man is the water, and neptune and death is scorpio )
sagittus temperance influences 8,9, 10 of wands.
capricon devil influences 2.3.4. of pentacles.
aquarius star influences 5,6,7 of swords
moon piscess influences 8, nine ten of cups.

if one was to look further one could say that since,
mercury is magican,
moon is the highpriestress.
emperess is venus ,
wheel of fortune is jupiter,
mars is the tower
saturn is the world.
and sun as the sun.

one might say that for example that
mars in leo would be ,
the tower in strength(seven of wands)

yet to get back on track, the basis is there but it isn't explored as far as that in this book.

to share a personal note.
i am a virgo , sept the 8.
hermit , and nine of pentacles card. (which using my old system would be hermit manifest in the physical world )

it says
nine dependability
frequency venus, dependability
basic quality earth (common sense)

independance, inuitition, creative thinking, and instinctive personal charm are the main componets of this personality.
the conflict takes place between the desire for pratical achievement, and the emotional urge for self indulgence.

on the postive side,
the virgo nines are creative, and imaginative, with keen inuition, pratical ability, and the ability to make a dream come true in concrete form. ...... they either work or loaf completely... so on and so on.
they are emotional, affenctionate, and loyal (i cut down at least half the paragraph)

on the negative side.
the nine potential and the venus frequency, both being normaly on the negative side of the field, tend to intensify the negative expression of these individuals. .....
they ultize their inuition to jump to conclusions in the effort to avoid real work, and they turn their understanding of people (talked about in the half of the paragraph missing ) to use in getting what they want, regardless of conquences. (cut down on half a paragraph)

balance.
general self control, and steady disciplined activity are excellent balancing factors for the virgo nines. (cut out two thirds of the paragraph , getting tired eheh)

comments.
concerning all cycles with a venus frequency, any comment made from a purely logical point of view is sure to be unsatisfactory...........................................
the list of famous names for this period is below average.
this may be because there is, among the cycles symbols, no suggestion whatever of ambition or the desire for power.

and so forth.

using myself as an example i recieve another surprising indepth look at myself at my worst (nine of pentacles reversed ) as well my mom (she is the five of swords), my brother ( ten of cups.. and he is as fertile as a nile river hence the children dancing there )
and why my mom likes to engage in emotional battle, or my brother is a partyer, or i am a hermit in the wilderness as i write this.(my description saids i do better in the country then the city, that could be true as i lived in the country , or small towns most of my life )

anyhow
it should be noted that it deals only with 36 cards of the minor arcana,, as people influences, with no mention of divinatory events, or ace of each suit or court cards.
i also think that since it talks about the end of the second world war and it says copyright 1941.
that it been redited, or rewritten based on a source document.

i am surely glad i came across this book for i been thinking of decanates and this book has given me so much to think.