78 Degrees of what?!

Lokisen

I'm starting to study "Book of Thoth" and uncover its rich content. And I must say, I'm enjoying it.

Richard

Look, I was talking positively about the "Book of Thoth." I'm starting to study it and uncover its rich content. And I must say, I'm enjoying it. But, if I want to talk Crowley, I'll do it in the other forum.
What are you talking about? I was agreeing with you. I was just explaining why it might not be agreeable to the OP (original poster in this thread). Sheesh!

Lokisen

All right. I didn't mean to sound or get aggressive. It's not my intent to start a flame war or whatever. Clearly I misunderstood what you said; part of it was, I didn't get the meaning of "OP" until it was explained. And I just didn't want to get too off-topic, as I know there's another forum here about the Thoth.

Lokisen

And, LRichard, I went back and read your post about Crowley's "mathematical eccentricities"--it's very interesting. If you've got other insights about the "Book of Thoth" or Crowley to share, I'd be interested in hearing them. I see you've got the Rosy Cross as your avatar :D

BSwett

Well; to steer the thread back to the original path (not that there's anything wrong with the tangents) I finished 78 degrees a while back. I ended up loving this book, and really, in my opinion, the best book experiences are the ones that trigger a rollercoaster ride like this one did. The books that make you think, that you agree with in one page, and disagree the next. The books that make you change your mind, and also reaffirm your original beliefs.

I'll go back to this book many times over. Fantastic.

Another book that I just finished and I profoundly loved is Robert M. Place's: The Tarot: History, Symbolism and Divination. Specially the first half of the book. Awesome journey through the history of mysticism and civilization.

Now I need to read…. the cards.

BeeSwax

Luminosa

Some of her forced numerology inventions are making me dizzy…

Pollack writes something along this lines:

The number 12 (The hanged man) can be divided as 2 times 6, which means 2 (The High Priestess) elevating 6 (The Lovers) to a higher place…

-

A rather late comment. The first duality (division) occurs with the High Priestess. She represents the two existing truths: the one inside and the one outside. Therefore, the Lover's choice of two paths is the manifestation of the HP's energy on a different level.

This is how I see that!