EDSG #6 - Hierophant, 8 Swords, 7 Cups

rwcarter

For this next set of cards, we have the Hierophant (Earth), 8 Swords (Air) and 7 Cups (Water) or EAW. Air and Earth are enemies elementally and weaken each other. Earth and Water are friendly (and passive) and strengthen each other. Air and Water are neutral, which I see as staying neutral but traditional GD rules says becomes a friendly interaction.

EAW - My notes from SuperTarot say that with this triad, Water is the strongest card. Intellect and analytical skills (Air) are the focus of the triad, but the two passive cards cause a lack of inspiration.

AWE - I didn't take any in depth notes from SuperTarot on this triad. Water is strong, as it is strengthened by Earth. By traditional GD rules, Air and Earth nullify each other leaving Water as the primary card in the reading.

WEA - Earth is strengthened by Water but is weakened by Air. Water becomes the strongest element in the reading. Per SuperTarot, "Water and Air mix to cover the Earth."

The Hierophant/8 Swords combination really gave me a lot of problems. I really had to stretch to find interpretations for that pairing that didn't strengthen each other. Not sure how successful I was....

Work/Career
EAW - In order to free yourself from feeling stuck (8S), you will need to approach your project from an unorthodox viewpoint (V) before the creative ideas start flowing (7C).
AWE - Creative ideas (7C) begin to flow (8S) after speaking with your mentor (V).
WEA - The old guard (V) is no longer able to reign in (8S) the creative input of the young turks (7C).

Relationships
EAW - Your sense of isolation within the relationship (8S) is lessened by the fellowship of your church (V), but you still wonder what (and who) else is out there (7C).
AWE - Your unrealistic fantasies (7C) about married life (V) are leaving you unable to move forward (8S).
WEA - Your commitment to the relationship (V) is weakened by the fact that you feel trapped now (8S), leaving you fantasizing about all the fun you're missing out on (7C).

Finances
EAW - To free yourself from feeling trapped by your debt (8S), you'll need to find unconventional means (V) to acquire what you desire/fantasize about (7C)
AWE - You have "champagne tastes on a beer budget" (7C), leaving you constantly in debt (8S) so you need to seek professional help (V).
WEA - Your bank account (V) is overdrawn (8S) so you can't afford any of the luxuries you desire (7C).

Home
EAW - In order to escape the oppressive environment in which you find yourself (8S), you'll need to break your lease (V) in order to find a place that makes you happier (7C).
AWE - Your many ideas for decorating your apartment (7C) are reigned in by your lease (8S), so you'll have to come up with other ways.
WEA - Your parents' rules and regulations (V) make you want to leave home (8S) so you can do what you want to do (7C).

Attachments

• AT EDSG #6 - EAW.jpg
    AT EDSG #6 - EAW.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 894
  • AT EDSG #6 - AWE.jpg
    AT EDSG #6 - AWE.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 881
  • AT EDSG #6 - WEA.jpg
    AT EDSG #6 - WEA.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 907

merissa_88

EAW - My notes from SuperTarot say that with this triad, Water is the strongest card. Intellect and analytical skills (Air) are the focus of the triad, but the two passive cards cause a lack of inspiration.

EAW/Career

You are stuck and unable (8 of Swords) to try something new (Hierophaunt) because you think it looks shaky (7 of Cups).

The 8 of Swords becomes really more decisive because it is weakened by the Hierophaunt, but the strong water card (7 of Cups) is a very complicated, indecisive card that strengthens it. A lack of inspiration with water sounds like pessimism or self-doubt to me that would strengthen the lack of clarity in the air card.