DISCUSSION THREAD: Tea Leaf Oracle Fortune Cards.

DownUnderNZer

This thread is for those that are using the "Tea Leaf Fortune Oracle Cards" by Rae Hepburn at any level from beginner to more experienced.

The main purpose is to share what each person thinks, experiences and works out using the cards regardless of the spread used. Would be good to see:

1) The different break down of cards each person has worked out that mightn't be in the book.
2) How accurate the cards have been....or not.
3) What you have discovered with them in a "literal sense" compared to what is "written".
4) The frustrations and puzzlement versus straight forward and getting it.
5) Personal thoughts and feelings on the cards in your readings.

It is not only limited to these points outlined above either. :heart:

I think we could learn alot from one another and I'm sure with this thread others could pick up a thing or two now....or in the future!. :)

Amanda

I haven't been working with them as much; I think I'm getting worse at them. :D

But Vine + Desk did strike me as "information desk" once.

DownUnderNZer

I have seen RABBIT come up a few times when I did a reading yesterday and today out and about and I reckon it is connected to EASTER. :D

I like the "Vine" and "Desk" interpretation... :)

Padma

Hi DU - thanks for beginning this thread! Great idea.

If I wrote everything I was thinking about these cards, it'd fill a page! ;) I'll start with a few of your topics - in regard to other meanings to the cards than their keywords imply, I have seen:

-Chair, Filled, meant to mean a new person arriving on the scene, as literally someone who must sit due to health reasons, or simply restrained to a seat by virtue of events (think bus ride etc.)

-Lightening, which is meant to mean anger, has shown up in my cards as a "eureka! I get it!" moment, as well as a sudden decision to do something unforseen by others (ie get a radical haircut, tattoo, etc with no forethought or planning)

-Dog, which is meant to be a close friend, comes up as quite literally man's best friend - my own dog;

-Cat, meant to be a two-faced friend, coming up more as independence;

-Basket, meant to be efforts are recognised, came up quite literally as groceries;

-Desk, meant to be apply yourself at work, come up as the signing of a contract or filling out paperwork;

-Tower, meant to be success for hard work put in, comes up in my cards as literally a backbone, whether physical or moral; (and it looks in the picture like vertebrae!)

-Broom, meant to be a move or new undertakings to merely mean housework;

There's more, I just can't think of them at the moment...

ETA and also, I was just thinking, what appears as Tower to mean someone's back, one day, will reappear in another reading with a different feel or meaning to it...
so I don't think the cues or meanings are consistent, which is what makes these so darn tricky to work with! ;)

I do think they work much better if you stick to the literal sense of the picture, but not in all cases. You REALLY have to use your intuition with these cards! Because I find they are oblique in their references, so if you don't get an immediate one-two punch from the visuals, you really have to stretch mind and intuition to see what they are referring to...

And somehow, they always come up a bit short - on information or specifics...I think you would have to draw a great deal of them to give you a fuller picture...I think they can only refer to the salient point of a day, the thing that stands out as most eventful...

ETA and sometimes, they span two or three days...like, the trigger event is on the first day, but they continue to affect one; or, the event will happen the next day.

I will stop there because my post is, to me, too long! lol...it will be interesting to see what others say...

PS I think Rabbit refers to the proliferation of many creative ideas, myself...I have only had one instance in my cards where they literally meant "no nookie tonight!" ;p

DownUnderNZer

Hi DU - thanks for beginning this thread! Great idea.

If I wrote everything I was thinking about these cards, it'd fill a page! ;) I'll start with a few of your topics - in regard to other meanings to the cards than their keywords imply, I have seen:

-Chair, Filled, meant to mean a new person arriving on the scene, as literally someone who must sit due to health reasons, or simply restrained to a seat by virtue of events (think bus ride etc.)

-Lightening, which is meant to mean anger, has shown up in my cards as a "eureka! I get it!" moment, as well as a sudden decision to do something unforseen by others (ie get a radical haircut, tattoo, etc with no forethought or planning)

-Dog, which is meant to be a close friend, comes up as quite literally man's best friend - my own dog;

-Cat, meant to be a two-faced friend, coming up more as independence;

-Basket, meant to be efforts are recognised, came up quite literally as groceries;

-Desk, meant to be apply yourself at work, come up as the signing of a contract or filling out paperwork;

-Tower, meant to be success for hard work put in, comes up in my cards as literally a backbone, whether physical or moral; (and it looks in the picture like vertebrae!)

-Broom, meant to be a move or new undertakings to merely mean housework;

There's more, I just can't think of them at the moment...

ETA and also, I was just thinking, what appears as Tower to mean someone's back, one day, will reappear in another reading with a different feel or meaning to it...
so I don't think the cues or meanings are consistent, which is what makes these so darn tricky to work with! ;)

I do think they work much better if you stick to the literal sense of the picture, but not in all cases. You REALLY have to use your intuition with these cards! Because I find they are oblique in their references, so if you don't get an immediate one-two punch from the visuals, you really have to stretch mind and intuition to see what they are referring to...

And somehow, they always come up a bit short - on information or specifics...I think you would have to draw a great deal of them to give you a fuller picture...I think they can only refer to the salient point of a day, the thing that stands out as most eventful...

ETA and sometimes, they span two or three days...like, the trigger event is on the first day, but they continue to affect one; or, the event will happen the next day.

I will stop there because my post is, to me, too long! lol...it will be interesting to see what others say...

PS I think Rabbit refers to the proliferation of many creative ideas, myself...I have only had one instance in my cards where they literally meant "no nookie tonight!" ;p

You really have had a good go of it and other possible meanings the cards could mean. Unfortunately, I only got these at the end of last year, so havent had alot of opportunity to use them like you may have (which is fantastic by the way) and work out more extensive possibilities.

I think for myself I would still use the book as a basis, look at my own intuition and what others have discovered, but more importantly what the surrounding cards are to perhaps give an indication of what those cards standing out might mean.

CAT came up for me as a two faced friend last year when someone did TEA LEAF readings on here once, only it didnt fall into place until much later....months in fact. That was a WEEKLY reading...

Lots to learn and lots to share.... :)

Padma

Actually, DownunderNZ, I have only been using these cards since the exercise you began, really - I had used them for maybe three or four personal draws before that - but found them so difficult to work with, I put them aside in order to concentrate on my Lenormands and Tarot :D

I am just going by what I have learned so far here. In regard to cards affecting things in the long run, I can certainly see that, as their influence seems to go beyond one day (much as Tarot and Lenormand's influences do as well.) I think whatever "spirit" moves the cards does not have the same sense of by-the-clock, cut and dried timings thinking that we do...

Would love to hear other's views too - this really deserves further analysis and discussion!

DownUnderNZer

You have evolved then if you can see more than the book etc.

Would you say it sits more with you now that you have been doing them?

Padma

well, it's reassuring to know that I have evolved! lol! Maybe I am a quick study ;) since working with the daily reading group here, DU, I have been using them a lot to read for friends etc so as to try and get a grip on the slippery little buggers... :laugh:

Yes, I do feel more like I am beginning to understand them, and will use them more often, but I have to confess, they are - while very intriguing, in the sense of a puzzle that must have a solution, if only I could find it - not my current fave mode of reading. One thing I do find interesting is that I have been also using them as a kind of back-up draw in conjunction with my Lenormand deck, and they tend to echo - or agree - with whatever the message in the Lenormand is.

As I know Ms. Hepburn is a member here, I wish she would chime in! I would be very interested to know how she relates to her set of tea leaf cards :) I would also be intrigued to know the other group member's take, or opinion, of them...

DU, do you prefer them to your other oracles? Or use them often?

danieljuk

using them every day in a tea leaf circle I feel they miss something from the complete picture. they are accurate in they mostly always have some relevance in the day but either are very literal or right in a round about way!

perhaps that's just me interpreting them as a beginner. It has some things that come true but feel it misses something in the interpretation but can't put my finger on what. I don't think tarot or lenormand suffers from the same thing. But maybe this is an oracle I am growing in :)

I do like it though. I think it works best at future calendar readings, weekly / monthly / yearly
it's interesting using so many cards! 200!

Padma

I have to agree with you, Danieljuk - there is our "day late and a dollar short" thing, lol! :laugh:

Something is missing form these cards, or from our readings. Danieljuk, it isn't just you. Perhaps as you noted they simply aren't meant to be used on a daily basis like this.

I can't imagine using 200 of the cards at once - the mind boggles! :bugeyed: I am going to try and track down Ms. Hepburn and ask her via pm to join us here...I am sure she will be able to help us with the cards...I feel I need additional information that the book is not covering...
I can't help but feel I am missing something here. I feel like Danieljuk - I can't quite put my finger on what is amiss!

ETA I have found an old thread I had posted in, in which Ms. Hepburn talks about drawing a daily leaf...look about 4 posts down on this thread...and now I will send a pm to Rae Hepburn!