DISCUSSION THREAD: Tea Leaf Oracle Fortune Cards.

DownUnderNZer

I think I'm a tad confused about weekly readings.

I thought the cards were used for the week as a whole not for each day.

I choose 7 cards for the entire week, like for an overview, but I seperate the "positive" from the "negative", if any, to work out what is coming through in a way that it all meshes together if possible like a jig saw puzzle.

I then just list them in Alphabet order not as they are chosen.

So, I dont do one card for Monday, one card for Tuesday and so forth and so forth which I think is what you are saying overleaf.

danieljuk

In the excellent book DU, it states for weekly reading:-

It should be noted that the first card does not apply to first day and the second card to the second day, etc.

The cards apply to the coming week as a whole and should be read that way.

DownUnderNZer

In the excellent book DU, it states for weekly reading:-

Thanks danieljuk...I know what is in the book, but it is this below that Rae wrote that has thrown me for a loop:

... So while your weekly draw could be very positive the PAIL (time to get out of a situation) is simply referring to that day and maybe as little as not wanting to see a friend that day or not wanting to cook dinner or it could be an important situation that has just arisen that you need to extricate yourself from

So..."to that day and maybe...".

Thanks for being observant though. :)

Wintergreen

Hi everyone, I just got my cards & took them out for the 1st time yesterday.

I did an astral house love reading & we'll see if what it seemed to predict comes to be :)

Then I did a couple of big spreads using the Decks of 1000 Spreads to frame my queries, and one card each from Shadowscapes & Tea Leaf cards for each position. I found the combination of the 3 to bring extraordinary clarity.

Padma

that's awesome, Wintergreen! :) glad to see you here, and I hope you have fun with the Leaves. I have used the Tea Leaves to back up my Lenormand questions to great effect as well, they seem to work very well with other systems!

DownUnderNZer

that's awesome, Wintergreen! :) glad to see you here, and I hope you have fun with the Leaves. I have used the Tea Leaves to back up my Lenormand questions to great effect as well, they seem to work very well with other systems!

Good to know.... :)

And Im curious about this "Deck of 1000 Spreads" too which I wish was on GameCrafter as I want to place an order there and not just for a deck or two....and there is only two I want!:(

Padma

DND, I have found by using the Lenormand first, and then drawing the Tea Leaves, I understand the Leaves much better - the Lenormands really clarify them. I am also interested in the 1000 spreads book...but not yet committed about it ;)

DownUnderNZer

DND, I have found by using the Lenormand first, and then drawing the Tea Leaves, I understand the Leaves much better - the Lenormands really clarify them. I am also interested in the 1000 spreads book...but not yet committed about it ;)

I found once when I mixed Tarot with Lenormand...a few times actually....that they worked well together for others, but once when I did it for myself the Tarot gave one answer and the Lenormand another for the SAME question, yet both were shuffled and done at the same time.

So, now I dont bother mixing....

Perhaps I should try the Lenormand with the Tea Leaf instead. :)

Padma

Hmmmm...well, I have had the Lenormand back up the Tarot, but have not tried it on myself, really! In my mind, "The cheese (Tarot) stands alone" - I think oracles work better in conjunction with other oracles, but not Tarot decks.

I am looking forward to seeing what you think when using the Lenormies + Leaves! :)

danieljuk

definitely going to have a go at combining Lenormand and Tea Leaf cards in a reading :)