DISCUSSION THREAD: Tea Leaf Oracle Fortune Cards.

Tarot Fairy

My problem with these is that for whatever reason, my intuition refused to flow with them...? I get a very good flow using other systems as prompts (Tarot, Lenormand, etc) but these I just find - limiting...? Or inconsistent - some days they would work really well, other days, not so much!

I am totally with you! I really have a hard time to connect with them, my intuition isn't sending very clear messages with these cards :(

Padma

I am glad to see it is not just me, Tarot Fairy! :laugh:

Someone else at AT mentioned wanting to trim the words off the cards (big job though!) I am not sure if it is the words or the pics that stop me. I have to admit I am not a big fan of the art on the cards so that might be what is doing it to me...(ETA the people cards in particular put me off - the faces seem very unfriendly, petulant or angry looking!) it's such a great concept though - and I know Rae put in a load of time and thought conceiving these...I just don't know why they won't work well for me! :confused:

DownUnderNZer

True...it can be like a jig saw...but other times it really does hit ones week on the nail etc.

Its just not specific at times thats all. :)

BodhiSeed

My Tea Leaf cards arrived, and I almost gave them away immediately! The "fortune phrases" on the cards have such a narrow meaning (and in my opinion, some of them are downright silly). I loved the images, and the titles were fine, but hated the phrases. I use an oracle card to play off of my tarot draw (as a summary, or more often, to further refine), and I couldn't do anything with the TL cards. I finally decided to use them on my tarot blog this week (paired with Card-Shark's Medieval Tarot). When I scanned them, I used Paint to airbrush off the phrase, leaving the title on, allowing me to use my own intuition instead of a set meaning. Used this way, they are working quite well with the daily tarot draws. I would be willing to pay for a new set if I could get them without the phrases printed on them!

Attachments

• TLOwl.JPG
    TLOwl.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 175

DownUnderNZer

My Tea Leaf cards arrived, and I almost gave them away immediately! The "fortune phrases" on the cards have such a narrow meaning (and in my opinion, some of them are downright silly). I loved the images, and the titles were fine, but hated the phrases. I use an oracle card to play off of my tarot draw (as a summary, or more often, to further refine), and I couldn't do anything with the TL cards. I finally decided to use them on my tarot blog this week (paired with Card-Shark's Medieval Tarot). When I scanned them, I used Paint to airbrush off the phrase, leaving the title on, allowing me to use my own intuition instead of a set meaning. Used this way, they are working quite well with the daily tarot draws. I would be willing to pay for a new set if I could get them without the phrases printed on them!

Cant believed you scanned all of them...or did you just do what you picked. WOW!:)

Did a great job of air brushing I must say....

BodhiSeed

Cant believed you scanned all of them...or did you just do what you picked. WOW!:)

Did a great job of air brushing I must say....

Goodness no! :p I've just scanned what I draw each day. I feel sure I will keep them by using them this way though. Here are a couple more:

Attachments

• TLChairF.JPG
    TLChairF.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 146
  • TLTulip.JPG
    TLTulip.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 149

Tarot Fairy

Love your solution, the cards are way more serene without phrases!
It must be a totally different experience to work with them now, I can't relay on my intuition because of the phrases now, like it is making me insecure to say something totally different as written..

metatron3

Well, I must say that I like them a lot. With or without the sentences.

I have a good experience with those. They are quite accurate. Maybe a little bit less than in the beginning but maybe it is because I don't use them much more than monthly readings. Actually, it is a yearly reading and each 3 months I do another one, as suggested in the book.

I like it a lot, it works fine and I can have a good overview of the month and when I compare my notes I can see that some events seem to have move from a month or two. It is interesting to see :)

Still, that leaves me with a question : I do a yearly reading and each three months, do another one ( because, life, choices and all, so yes, it is only a matter of being more accurate ) should I keep the previous reading or combine the two. If I combine, how many can I combine ?

Hm, not sure I make myself clear, sorry, my english is always so perfect in my head and not when I express it :D

Zelmira

Hi DU - thanks for beginning this thread! Great idea.

If I wrote everything I was thinking about these cards, it'd fill a page! ;) I'll start with a few of your topics - in regard to other meanings to the cards than their keywords imply, I have seen:

-Chair, Filled, meant to mean a new person arriving on the scene, as literally someone who must sit due to health reasons, or simply restrained to a seat by virtue of events (think bus ride etc.)

-Lightening, which is meant to mean anger, has shown up in my cards as a "eureka! I get it!" moment, as well as a sudden decision to do something unforseen by others (ie get a radical haircut, tattoo, etc with no forethought or planning)

-Dog, which is meant to be a close friend, comes up as quite literally man's best friend - my own dog;

-Cat, meant to be a two-faced friend, coming up more as independence;

-Basket, meant to be efforts are recognised, came up quite literally as groceries;

-Desk, meant to be apply yourself at work, come up as the signing of a contract or filling out paperwork;

-Tower, meant to be success for hard work put in, comes up in my cards as literally a backbone, whether physical or moral; (and it looks in the picture like vertebrae!)

-Broom, meant to be a move or new undertakings to merely mean housework;

There's more, I just can't think of them at the moment...

ETA and also, I was just thinking, what appears as Tower to mean someone's back, one day, will reappear in another reading with a different feel or meaning to it...
so I don't think the cues or meanings are consistent, which is what makes these so darn tricky to work with! ;)

I do think they work much better if you stick to the literal sense of the picture, but not in all cases. You REALLY have to use your intuition with these cards! Because I find they are oblique in their references, so if you don't get an immediate one-two punch from the visuals, you really have to stretch mind and intuition to see what they are referring to...

And somehow, they always come up a bit short - on information or specifics...I think you would have to draw a great deal of them to give you a fuller picture...I think they can only refer to the salient point of a day, the thing that stands out as most eventful...

ETA and sometimes, they span two or three days...like, the trigger event is on the first day, but they continue to affect one; or, the event will happen the next day.

I will stop there because my post is, to me, too long! lol...it will be interesting to see what others say...

PS I think Rabbit refers to the proliferation of many creative ideas, myself...I have only had one instance in my cards where they literally meant "no nookie tonight!" ;p

Thanks for these notes. I have had these cards for a long time, and today I did my first reading for myself. As advised, I did "The coming year", and to be honest, I can't relate the cards in each month. Some of them are so scaring that make me rethink if I want to do readings with them.

Zelmira

I must say, there are quite easy for others when I do readings but for me, they show me the whole big thing like building my whole life-occasion.

There is just one card I couldn't stand seeing anymore : the Vase one ( you have a secret admirer )
if it's a secret admirer, I won't know who it is ! What's the point ?!

I just got that card in my Coming Year reading, and I can't relate it to the other 3 cards.