Hilarious Tarot App

pickled pixie

hahaha some are really funny aren't they!! :D Hopefully they will bring it out on Android soon! Its a fairly new app I think :)

Aivli

Well, last night after work, I deleted Orakel and then reinstalled it, and that seemed to do the trick with being able to watch the session videos. The app can be a bit slow and lags at times, and I frequently have to force close it and restart because it will kind of get stuck, but only in the movies section. It also helps to tap a movie title ONCE and wait about 15 seconds to see if the app will load the video. If it doesn't start the video, then I force close the app and restart.

That little bug aside, I think It's a clever game with a lot of creepy-funny, beautiful textures and elements. I wish it would allow you to read with more than one card, and voice record a reading a bit longer (but that would probably make loading the videos take even longer!). Also, it only uses the Major Arcana. It would be fun to have the minor arcana, too.

Some fortune tellers are very clever and quick witted when they read, and some are just vulgar, and some are in between. The results from clients to fortune teller are usually pretty funny!! All in all a great free app!! I'm sure if it becomes more popular the developers will consider making it available for the android os.

gregory

I hate apps of all kinds. I will never have an app-capable phone and I DREAD the day Windows 8 is the only option left to me (YES I could go Linux, but then I have to get all my programmes and stuff again - and Orphalese won't work, and and and... same goes for a Mac - believe me, I consider that option from time to time, too...)

pickled pixie

Aivli, that's weird I don't seem to be having those problems, are you on an older ipad or maybe not up to date on ios? ....you're not Madame Arya are you as she seems to know her stuff when it comes to the Tarot cards pulled, most of the fortune tellers on there don't actually have a clue when it comes to the cards... :D

Aivli

Aivli, that's weird I don't seem to be having those problems, are you on an older ipad or maybe not up to date on ios? ....you're not Madame Arya are you as she seems to know her stuff when it comes to the Tarot cards pulled, most of the fortune tellers on there don't actually have a clue when it comes to the cards... :D

Yup!! That's me, I'm Madam Arya! Lol!! You found me out, now I will have to kill her off. Hahahaha. I've been having fun creating weird and sometimes twisted clients, too, just to pass the time until there's more clients available for me. (o;

I'm on a new ipad, 4th generation, but I haven't installed the most recent update: 6.1.3. Do you think It will help to update? I Was going to delete it and then reinstall one more time to see if that helps, but I have so many clients waiting for answers and there's even a couple videos that just won't play in the movie section at all. I hate to loose my info again.

Edited: Also just wanted to add: how awesome would it be if Aeclectic tarot forum had a reading exchange game app similar to this one??? seriously!

Aivli

It got to the point where none of the session movies in Orakel would play. All of the other functions in the game worked just fine except for the movies.

I updated my OS, but it didn't help. So, then I deleted and reinstalled the app, again! It sucks that I lost all that info. I didn't get to watch many new sessions. Maybe there were just too many sessions. The game doesn't allow you to delete old movies that you've already watched.

So far, it SEEMS to be working just fine. I know I have a crappy wi-fi connection, and iTunes won't let me download the app with cell data because its over 50MB. So, maybe it wasn't installing correctly over the crappy, slow, wi-fi connection.

pickled pixie

Awww its a bummer that you're having problems with it :( I sometimes delete the app just so I can start again because you can't delete old movies (that's madness) and I get lost with which ones I've seen and which are new.
Hahahaha I knew it was you :D (I was bob the werewolf amongst others ;) ) My husband said he may go on there with a real problem as your answers were so good!! :D

Shade

I have yet to see any clients available. Are there many?

Aivli

Sometimes there's 3 or 4, but they do get taken pretty quick. If everyone who played created 2 or more clients for each time they took a turn as a teller it would make things seem more populated I think. I have no idea how many different real people are playing at any given time. You just have to keep checking (o;

Shade

Or 5 more from the sound of it. I haven't had a questioned answered yet so I might try the reinstall trick.