Crystal Study Group: Moonstone

DownwardSpiral

I've been wanting to get back to my crystals/stones and the day before the new moon I started to get the urge to work with moonstone. I actually have rainbow moonstone.

You can read about moonstone here.....http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/rainbow-moonstone.html

I guess it shouldn't come as a suprise to me....I had been feeling very irritable and stressed and found this in the article above.....
"If you feel feeling stressed and anxious or are hyperactive you may benefit from wearing a Rainbow Moonstone pendant or other type of jewelry.
Its calming nature also aids you to understand how to be happy."

I have been feeling calmer despite the fact the situation around me really hasn't changed.

But....since I've been working with moonstone my nose has been so stuffy. It's been at least 3 days now. This morning when I got up I was beginning to think ok maybe this is a cold as I really didn't feel very well...only for the most part I'm back to my stuffy nose. That and I want to keep clearing my throat.

So tonight I went back to read the above article and found this....
"Their energy brings you into line with the cycles of nature... if you allow yourself to synchronize with these cycles. They aid you to release unnecessary clutter... and this refers to both physical and energetic clutter... caused by old emotional issues."

At this point I don't know if I should continue to work with this stone and hope I can breathe again soon...or put it away and see if that makes a difference.

Haha and I just realised I keep seeing this face before I go to sleep and I also saw it while listening to an audio chapter of this program I'm doing. Anyway all I see is the eyes and the nose and this person to me appears to be male. OMG and I just remembered..... while I was listening to that audio chapter I started dozing off and I hit my nose on my mini notebook. (that happened earlier tonight) So right now not only is my nose stuffy it's a little sore too. LOL ok so what's up with the nose????

Hemera

Thank you DownwardSpiral. It´s about time we had a thread about this lovely stone :)
I have added this thread to our Study Group Index.

I only have one small Rainbow Moonstone in a small silver Goddess pendant. I used to have a ring,too, but I gave it to a friend. I think I felt the moonstone was not really working for me at the time. But having Moon in Cancer one would think it should work? Maybe I just wasn´t very receptive to it back then? Hm..
Now off to read the link above.
(ETA: Ooh what a lovely pendant in the link! Want, want..!)

DownwardSpiral

I'm trying to like this stone. I have been very calm and although I've only been able to complete very small tasks I still feel a sense of accomplishment. And I feel optimistic as far as continuing to do small tasks even though I would really like to accomplish alot more.

Normally when I take my crystals to work I keep them on me in my pocket all day. With the moonstone it's in my pocket all morning until I go out on my route and then I've been putting it in a small tray beside me. This morning my nose was still very stuffy and I had to keep clearing my throat....but I noticed that by the afternoon some of the pressure was gone and I could actually breathe a tiny bit. I was starting to think ok maybe my nose was going to clear up. I had finished my route and put the moonstone back in my pocket. Not even 5 minutes later my nose was completely stuffy again....I couldn't believe it.

I did spend some of the afternoon trying to figure out the significance of the nose. What does it represent? What about it in my past??? LOL and then I remembered when I was younger I really didn't like my nose...but I didn't obsess about it. And then I remembered about a time when one of my ex's threw his wallet at me and it hit my nose so hard it was bleeding..... and I got a cut on the outside of my nose and that was bleeding too. But I had long forgot about that.

The article about rainbow moonstone mentions it works well with the upper chakras. At this point I'm not sure if my stone is trying to work to clear out my upper chakras or if my nose represents some sort of "block" in my life and the moonstone is trying to bring my attention to it. The article also mentions that this is a good stone to meditate with....though the way my head feels I just can't bring myself to try and meditate. I do find it interesting that normally when I'm so congested I'll get headaches as well.....but so far no headache : )

So.... sorry for all this nose talk...this isn't at all what I was expecting....not that I was expecting anything.

shelikes2read

Oddly enough, I'm seeing the description of nasal congestion and thinking, "Is that a side effect of the Third Eye getting worked on?" That Chakra is right in the neighborhood of the bridge of the nose.

Maybe trying some work on the Third Eye will help to either relieve the symptoms or speed up the problem's movement out of your system.

I'm glad to see the GOOD impact the Moonstone is having, though.

DownwardSpiral

Oddly enough, I'm seeing the description of nasal congestion and thinking, "Is that a side effect of the Third Eye getting worked on?" That Chakra is right in the neighborhood of the bridge of the nose.

Maybe trying some work on the Third Eye will help to either relieve the symptoms or speed up the problem's movement out of your system.

I'm glad to see the GOOD impact the Moonstone is having, though.

Thank you for this! Grrr@ stuffy nose. I've been able to breathe a little better and tonight while I was typing out a few e-mails my nose just started running. Prior to this my nose has been "dry" and why I don't think this is a cold.

Maybe I should try some work on my throat chakra as well.

DownwardSpiral

still hanging in there....

I'm still working with my moonstone : )

I think it's time I started keeping notes. Overall I'm feeling alot calmer as I've been in situations and around people that normally I would have become emotional in one way or another. I can't say everything's perfect as someone still managed to get under my skin today....but my emotions for the most part seem to be "relaxed" a little bit.

I remember dreaming....though I don't really remember about what...only bits and pieces. That might not seem like such a big deal but lately I don't seem to be having any dreams.

This is something I find interesting.....for some reason death is being brought to my attention. A few days ago I noticed my son had changed his background. It's a question and answer picture talking about life and death. Then last night I read an e-mail from my Mom talking about going to one Funeral and then being on the way to another...but the second one they never made it to because of car trouble. Then today I had to deliver the cremated remains of a person. Now this is even more interesting.....when I mentioned the package to the carrier next to me.... he thought it was the son of the family this was being delivered to. This box actually said what it contained and gave the name of the person. When I went to deliver this box....I had picked it up and said " (name) you're kind of heavy." I was holding it in my right hand and had another box on top that I was holding with my left hand. My right hand started vibrating and this was a pretty strong vibration. I wasn't really sure what to think at this point because sometimes if I hold my hands up they will start to tingle...though not strong like this. When the lady came to sign for the package the only thing I said (before I handed it to her) was this is heavy (so she would know to grab it with two hands) She looked at me and said this is the remains of my husbands brother...it's just all so very sad. So I can't help but wonder if this person wanted me to know he wasn't their son. I was thinking about my hand and also thinking why would it vibrate as this wasn't the soul/spirit when I started feeling nauseous. So I tried to think about something else but a few times my thoughts went back to this person and the nauseous feeling would come right back as well. So I had to get this off my mind comepletely.

So far my experiences with this stone have been very different from others I have spent time with. I do like the calm that it brings.

shelikes2read

The good news is, even if someone says or something that gets under your skin, if the stone's energy helps you process it more quickly and set the episode aside, instead of staying annoyed, then it's still a win. Sometimes, what we can notice about a stone is what DOESN'T happen, as much as what DOES happen. If we don't react in an unwanted way, then that's a positive effect, too. :)

Thoughts and prayers for the bereaved families. My family unfortunately dealt with a string of funerals last year so my heart goes out to anyone bereaved.

dancing_moon

Thank you for starting a thread for this beautiful stone! How's your nose? :)

I was out of town last weekend, and by some lovely coincidence I got to a stone/crystal fair. So, I couldn't help it and bought (yet another) moonstone, a beautiful pendant with the stone itself shaped like a droplet. :heart:

I love just looking at this stone, watching the enchanting orange flames inside. It brings me so much peace... My stones usually 'sleep' in a bag near my bed, and after buying my first moonstone, back in 19-something, I noticed that I could sleep even with the full moon shining right into my face, with no side effects. Or is it just me?.. :bugeyed:

DownwardSpiral

Yesterday my nose kept running and then it went back to stuffy and along with it I got a terrible headache...so no work on the third-eye. And then today I'm stuffy and sneezy and feeling awful...but now I would say I have a cold...or some awful allergies.....or the moonstone is kicking my butt.

I'm still working with my moonstone but really haven't been able to do much with it. dancing_moon I know what you mean about peacful. Overall I'm feeling alot calmer and my emotions seem to be more balanced versus the highs and lows I sometimes go through. I actually feel "happier". (cheesy I know)

Something I am very excited about.....yesterday I had to carry off another route. I had parked my truck and there right next to me was a "rock" store : ) And this is only 4 blocks away from where I live : ) So hopefully soon I can go inside and take a closer look : )

Padma

Woot! DO go to the rock store, DownwardS, you'll be in heaven! :D lol!

BTW Citrine clears stuffy noses a treat :)