Tarot Mirrors

punchinella

Hey guys--Sorry I can't find a thread already started on this book (actually, I'm finding very little information on it anywhere--except that it's by Mary Greer, & comes 'after' Tarot Constellations . . . whatever that means . . . )

Who has it, what's it about, & what do you think of it??

Thanks for any & all info!?!?!

P.

Elven

Well this might be a little late in reply punchinalla, 2003!!! post :bugeyed: :p

But I to was pretty astounded to find this book amongst my Seth related websites and never knew that Mary Greer was a Seth-a-holic (like myself) and had writen this book (by what I gather from this small review) from the 22 Chapters of 'The Nature of Personal Reality' by Jane Roberts - a Seth Book.

So I guess my question is: Has anyone read this and Seth books? How did you find the relationship between Seth and Tarot and does the book explain it well?

The review is here:

BrassRingBookstore said:
Tarot Mirrors
Reflections of Personal Meaning
By Mary K. Greer
B00068 . . . . . . Softcover Book . . . . . . $14.95

This workbook by a Tarot luminary and long-time Seth reader synthesizes principles from Seth and the 19th Century philosopher Papus. It started while Greer was teaching a class and discovered that the 22 chapters of Seth's The Nature of Personal Reality correspond in nearly sequential order with the 22 Tarot trumps! The author intelligently summarizes the Seth material and suggests interpretations for the trumps, according to "Seth's view of reality." This important volume in Greer's bestselling Tarot series presents some powerful layouts and processes for creating one's own reality.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Blessings
Elven x

punchinella

Oh, better late than never Elvin . . .

Ummn, now I'm really going to embarrass myself, but . . . who's Seth??? Now I'm totally confused! (To make matters worse, I have no recollection whatsoever of starting this thread :joke: )

Elven

Hi Punchinella :p

Dont worry Seth covers memory in his texts :p

Ok - This is a two part question. Who is Seth? and who is Jane Roberts?

Defining who Seth is and what Seth is may have its limitations, as Seth could be defined as an Energy Personality Essence, A Guide, A Speaker, a Teacher, these are some of the many descriptive’s of what Seth is... but it becomes 'limiting' to define him in such senses as he is all these things and more, yet he is also a 'Multi-dimensional Personality' which, through a woman called Jane Roberts (1929-1984), related many books explaining in phenomenal detail, the Nature of Reality.

The first sessions with Seth were recorded in September of 1963 and the book was called 'Seth Speaks - The Eternal Validity of the Soul'. The book was first published in 1970. All of Seth & Jane’s books are written just as Seth dictated them and as Jane's husband Robert Butts transcribed them - the Seth Material alone, is over 6000 pages of manuscript.

The Seth/Jane Roberts book, which I refer to relating to Tarot Mirrors by Mary Greer, is the second book in the Seth series and is called 'The Nature of Personal Reality'. Seth/Jane’s book was started on April 10th, 1972 and was first published in May 1974.

From the description in the review by the booksellers – (who were on the Board of the Seth International Network) - it says that:

BrassRingBooksellers said:
...It started while Greer was teaching a class and discovered that the 22 chapters of Seth's The Nature of Personal Reality correspond in nearly sequential order with the 22 Tarot trumps! The author intelligently summarizes the Seth material and suggests interpretations for the trumps, according to "Seth's view of reality." This important volume in Greer's best-selling Tarot series presents some powerful layouts and processes for creating one's own reality.

Below is a list of the 22 chapters - this is taken from A Seth Book: The Nature of Personal Reality by Jane Roberts Notes by Robert F Butts. ISBN 1-878424-06-8 AMBER & ALLEN Books/New Worls Library.

The 22 Chapters of the book ‘The Nature of Personal Reality’ are as follows:

Ch 1: The Living Picture of The World
Ch 2: Reality and Personal Beliefs
Ch 3: Suggestion, Telepathy and Grouping of Beliefs
Ch 4: Your Imagination and your beliefs, and a few Words About the Origin of Your Beliefs
Ch 5: The Constant Creation of The Physical Body
Ch 6: The Body of Your Beliefs, and the Power Structures of beliefs
Ch 7: The Living Flesh
Ch 8: Health, Good and Bad Thoughts, and the birth of "Demons"
Ch 9: Natural grace, the Frameworks of creativity, and the Health of your Body and Mind. The Birth of Conscience

Part Two:
Your Body as Your Own Unique Living Sculpture. Your Life as Your Most Intimate Work of Art, And The Nature Of Creativity As It Applies To Your Personal Experience.

Ch 10: The nature of Spontaneous Illumination, and the nature of Enforced Illumination. The Soul In Chemical Clothes.

Ch 11: The Conscious Mind as the Carrier of Beliefs, Your Beliefs in Relation to Halth and Satisfaction.

Ch 12: Grace, Conscience, and your Daily Experience.

Ch 13: Good and Evil , Personal and Mass Beliefs, And Their Effect Upon Your Private and Experience.

Ch 14: Which You? Which World? Your Daily Reality as the Expression of Specific probable Events.

Ch 15: Which You? Which World? Only You Can Answer. How to Free Yourself From Limitations.

Ch 16: Natural Hypnosis: A Trance is a Trance Is a Trance.

Ch 17: Natural Hypnosis, Healing and the Transference of Physical Symptoms Into Other Levels Of Activity.

Ch 18: Inner Storms and Outer Storms. Creative “Destruction”. The Length of The Day and The Natural Reach od a Biologically Based Consciousness.

Ch 19: The Concentration of Energy, Beliefs and the Present Point of Power.

Ch 20: The Dream Landscape, The Physical World, Probabilities, and Your Daily Experience.

Ch 21: Affirmation, Love, Acceptance, and Denial.

Ch 22: Affirmation, The Practical Betterment of your Life, and the New Structuring of Beliefs.

The Seth series of books are renowned world wide – they have been read and studied and inspired many recognized authors and authorities on metaphysical topics and subjects.

Thats why I was wondering if anyone has read both the Seth Book and Mary Greers book - trying to get some sort of discussion going I guess on the book and how Mary Greer has intergrated Seths material and Tarot.

Hope that helps a bit :bugeyed: :p

Blessings
Elven x

punchinella

Ooooh . . . that sounds fascinating. Although I'd go straight for Greer's book, the tarot connection I think. Oh dear oh dear, more for the reading list.

Thank you Elven :) You have definitely answered my original (2003) question!

Elven

Thanks Punchinella :)

I will see about getting Greers book - Ive got the Seth lot :p I think, for me, it will be an interesting read, study and comparison.

Thanks for opening the thread and leading me off an a tangent yesterday - funny how I get prompted back to drag a book off the shelf and read it again :p

Many Thanks
Blessings
Elven x

dadsnook2000

Another Seth fan . . .

I have been an avid student of the Seth books/material since they first started being published. My favorite book, which I have had all the children in the family read, is "Emir's Education In The Proper Use Of Magical Powers" which is cast a children's story but which clearly and simply explains how the universe works, why we die, and many of life's basic questions.

Most provocative are the Oversoul Seven stories as they sort of dramatize much of what Seth teaches, they get you thinking.

Perhaps the most eye-opening book of them all is The Nature of Personal Reality. They are all so great. Dave

PS, I did an astrological presentation for one of the Boston Astrological groups once that was based on a study that I did concerning Jane/Seth's remarks about the validity of astrology. I found all kinds of strong and consistent events in Janes life (the books note the date and time of every event). If anyone wants to discuss this we can do so in the Astrology forum. I'll be back from vacation in early August.

HellzBelle

punchinella said:
Oh, better late than never Elvin . . .

Ummn, now I'm really going to embarrass myself, but . . . who's Seth??? Now I'm totally confused! (To make matters worse, I have no recollection whatsoever of starting this thread :joke: )
Glad you asked Punchinella in this post. I was reading through Elvens reply to your original and wondering who or what the? Seth was myself!! :laugh:
And debating with myself whether I should show my ignorance in asking what you have.
Ya learn something every day, dontcha?