psychic attack / ghost / nightmares

dolphinprincess

This is in regard to Lightlike's post in this thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19569

This goes off topic of Sherra's original dream, so I'm starting a new thread...

I was intrigued by the quote "I was having that for several months, up to 6 or 7 nightmares a night (I was having a few normal and a few lucid dreams but 98% were nightmares), all very bizzare and abnormal, turns out that it was a ghost causing it. Are you sure it's not a psychic attack or something? "

I have never heard of a ghost causing a nightmare.. or really don't understand what psychic attack is.

I suffer from nightmares, and I was just curious on this idea and if there was more info...

HudsonGray

It pretty much refers to an outside source causing the dreams as opposed to the inner mind. But I think it'd be very hard to really be 100% sure of an outside 'attack' because our own mind is so sensitive in the subconscious that it'll use any stress to clear itself or try to get unresolved issues handled via dreams.

I've noticed a very strong tendancy for my own dreams to be based on the last tv show I see before bedtime. Not good when you've just watched a horror movie, but actually benefitial for the last month because I've stayed up late to watch the show Starting Over...and found my own mind working on my coping skills (in a good way!). The subconscious is very sensitive to input from the day, a person has to look at all internal factors and daytime input before thinking of ourside sources such as ghosts, entities, bad energy levels from hauntings, etc. Sometimes stimulus comes in while we sleep--jackhammering down the street in the early morning hours can trigger a nightmare for me. Screeching tires, distant yelling, dying rabbit screams when one is caught by a predator--ALL this go in via the ears into a sleeping mind & can be 'processed' without our knowing. Gunshots (I live in the city....). We won't even be consciously aware of it because we're asleep, yet it still affects us. But mostly it's stress that causes nightmares.

All the waitresses I worked with had nightmares about the job. ALL mothers I asked said they had 'kid in danger' dreams. Some things seem to be across the board. But when 98% of a person's dreams are horrible, I'd look at the environment first--social, mental, physical--and try to see what might be triggering inner reactions.

While there MAY be a connection to outside sources causing the dreams, it's almost impossible to prove it, that's unfortunate but true. Nice to blame it on a ghost--though how do you resolve THAT problem?

Angel Star

I have had much experience of my own with bad dreams and Psychic attack basically I know who is doing the working and the dreams will revolve around this person trying to harm me in the dreams. I try to pay attention to how many nights I have the dreams via 3 times in a row for 3 days etc. Waking up at certain times around the same time. This is my experience though. As far as ghost causing psychic attack I have know knowledge on that particular subject but it could be possible. Do you have a ghost in your house? I do but they do cause my nightmares most are friendly and do not bother my home nor my dreams. I would look again as earlier post said at external factors -physical mental and emotional to find out. Hope this helps.

dolphinprincess

I'm about 99.9% certain that my dreams are the result of my own subconsious.

The question was more a result of the fact that I have never before heard of things like ghosts or psychic attack causing nightmares - It was just very curious to me...

thanks!

Lightlike

Well, I know the ghost was here because Holmes and Lin felt (long-distance) that I had a ghost and like I said they sent light and healing. But I have been debating whether or not the ghost was intentionally sending the dreams...

Crikey, this is hard to explain, but from what I feel with my gut instinct and from my real life friend's advice, I believe that in my case I was partly to blame for me recieving the nightmares because I was sort of tuned in to him at a subconcious level, I think. I'm not sure though and there's no way to prove what I just said, but at least now I don't have anymore nightmares and I am fairly certain the ghost is still around.

I'm sure someone else here can explain psychic attacks and stuff better than me, but most of all I know it is important to shield yourself and your house very well.

Diana

dolphinprincess: Your nightmares, I am pretty sure are not not caused by a ghost. They are calls to you to come to terms with your own "demons". Accept them as gifts.... however hard that may sound. If you get to the root of the nightmares, you will free yourself from a lot of old stuff that is just needing to be discarded. A very thorough Tarot reading and very serious follow-up to the reading would possibly help you.

However, Lightlike's may very well have been so. Although I don't think it was a psychic attack.

Some ghosts bring along all their burdens with them and they can definitely affect one's sleep. If it is a ghost, then everything must be done to either help them move on to a higher realm. Or if they don't, to find a way to protect oneself from their vibrations.

People wiser than me in this domain would know how to do that.

A friend - who, in those days, was the most "rational" person around, who didn't believe in anything esoteric and only believed in matter and what her five senses told her - had to do a turnaround once when a ghost messed around with her mind at night. The nightmares were absolutely horrific, - and they only took place in one room in the house. If my friend slept in another room, they didn't occur. The research she did showed her that her house was built on the grounds of an old church and cemetery and she was obviously being hounded by a poor creature who just couldn't leave this world completely.

Lightlike

Hmm that's really interesting Diana, I don't remember if the nightmares only occured in one area of the apartment (wish I could). Right now I'm currently trying to figure out what he wants/needs to feel ready to move on.

I swear though that this has all been a rude awakening to me, I had always believed in ghosts but never thought that I'd be dealing with one so soon. I think I'd better go to the library and get a heads up on my research about this building and that ghost. As far as I can guess/feel he was definately living and killed in the last 75 years, so maybe our newspapers go back that far.

Diana

Lightlike: Getting rid of a ghost is not easy. If you're not being bothered anymore by it, then I don't think you should take the burden of this on your shoulders. If he still bothers you, then I think you should get some help from..... god knows where. There must be somewhere you can get some proper advice on how to do it. Half-measures will not work and may even make things worse for Ghosty.

Doing research may reveal something interesting though.

However, don't be scared of him. I don't think it's anything personal! :)

poivre

All I know of ghosts is to tell them to go towards the light. Tell them to look for a light & walk towards it they are lost.

My daughter when she was in daycare had nightmares & would wake up screaming "the light, the light" I figured that it was being left alone for the first time & also they started telling her bible stories & of the light. I'm sure she was afraid of angels or God because you can't see them.

I had a very bad time a few years ago. I had a dream of a man like Darth Vadar coming to my bedroon & he was all in black holding a tiny white light. He was holding it like a baby. I could hear him coming so loudly the house shook & I could not move I was so scared. I had started to drink coffee which I never had & I was around everyone negative.

I think ghosts are lost souls looking to get home. I am sure people can cause nightmares, the psychic attack. I never knew what that was till I read about it. Sometimes we're wide open & when not experiencing things like this, we are not knowing of it.

dolphinprincess

This is a very interesting topic - thank you for your stories/ replies..

My nightmares are mostly the result of my father.. in addition to my own subconsious fears... So your advice, Diana, is probaby dead on! i am actually starting to explore using Tarot in conjunction with dream interpretation.

Still, the experiences some of you have had has opened my eyes to a whole new cause of dreams...