Pet Dream

bleudiamond

I was napping around 10 am; I had been up late last night working on a website and needed a boost of sleep to get me through the day.
Anyways, in the dream I felt like I was laying on the bed sleeping just like I really was. You know that feeling you get when you turn around and someone has been standing there for a long time you just didn't notice and it startles you? Well, in the dream I wake up and look up and there is a man standing there holding one of my cats - like he was handing her to me. He even looked like worried I would be angry. Well, immediately alarmed someone got into the apartment I snapped awake into reality with a jolt. Thankfully, the apartment was empty and cat in question was fast asleep.

lol I guess my cats are always in the back of my mind.

Anyone else had a strange pet related dream?

celticnoodle

very cool dream, bleudiamond. I cannot think of any dreams like this right off, but I wonder if instead of a dream, you had a spirit visit? I know I get visits from my dear departed childhood dog often. My mother does too. Once when she was babysitting my sisters children-who were at the time babies, our old dog, "C" who had been dead for about 15 years visited her and was doing his best to get her attention and run down the hall to the room where the two children were sleeping.

My mother followed and as she got into the room noticed my infant nephew had somehow gotten his head up under the bumper pad and through the slots in the crib a bit. :eek: Thank GOD the dog, "C" was watching out for them!

So, you obviously didn't recognize this man holding your cat out to you--could it be a spirit guide you think?

amethyst57

So, you obviously didn't recognize this man holding your cat out to you--could it be a spirit guide you think?

I agree with CN...it could have been your spirit guide....kinda got 'caught' watching over you....they can be 'shy'....
as for the cat, maybe it was dreaming, and your spirit guide just happened to be in it.....

ask him to give you a sign if it was him...

bleudiamond

That must have been a pretty awesome dog. : ) I really appreciate how much animals care about their families and can imagine that "C" is around protecting you guys. They are such noble creatures.

Hmm..I did have a couple of dreams where I saw my mother's cat after it died but I sort of wrote them off as me mourning the loss of him. I also dreamt of my big black cat a couple of times when we were separated. He was living with my folks for a few months while I was in the process of moving and I missed him terribly.

I definitely did not recognize the person in the dream. Of course, maybe it was someone the cat knew if it "was" someone. lol She was a stray when my husband found starving her years ago. : P It's funny because she dreams often and is one of those cats who meows after waking up from a dream.

I don't know if it was a spirit guide or what. I never know what to think of dreams that are like dreams but not quite. I know that some people get that paralysis where they can't move and think they're awake but they're not. However, I can always move inside and outside of my dreams just sometimes I have had a really hard time distinguishing when the dream actually ended if that makes sense.

Like once in the apartment I was sleeping and knocks at the door woke me up. I started walking over to the door and the knocking stopped. I even thought, "Oh good they're waiting for me because I didn't hear any of the heavy doors in the hallway bang." Really its impossible to not make them bang, I've tried to be courteous and muffle the sound coming back to my apartment late at night and it doesn't work-even the apartment doors bang. Anyways, I checked and no one was there (lol - old cliché) and I must conclude that I was dreaming somewhere past where I thought I had awoken.

bleudiamond

I'm not sure, I long ago expressed my wish that no spirits,etc. (mostly aimed at human ones) have permission to make themselves known to me if they are around/out there. (I had a negative experience as a kid in the basement- lol maybe it was just radon cooking my brain.)

Wouldn't it be funny if they went around that all these years through my dreams.