"tarot for Writers" book.....

amethyst57

anyone use this book?
does it really help with motivation and breaking thru writer's block?

bogiesan

anyone use this book?
does it really help with motivation and breaking thru writer's block?

You can put the title into the search function and find a few threads. You can also search for Corrine Kenner, look for reviews on amazon and visit her corporate site.

http://corrinekenner.com/

It's a nice book. There are no magic spells to make one into a better or more prolific writer. She offers interesting and enjoyable exercises to encourage you to write from a new perspective on your tarot: draw some cards, lay them out and look at them in differently, open your perception to new ways of seeing the illustrations and the people or places or objects.

Do not buy this book thinking it's going to cure your writing issues but I believe you will find it stimulating and fun. Corrine's list of meanings is going to alter how you think of your LWB, too.

There are so many more sites and books and articles on developing your writing skills. Corrine's book is about using your existing tarot knowledge and tweaking it a bit to use your decks as story-craft.

amethyst57

You can put the title into the search function and find a few threads. You can also search for Corrine Kenner, look for reviews on amazon and visit her corporate site.

http://corrinekenner.com/

It's a nice book. There are no magic spells to make one into a better or more prolific writer. She offers interesting and enjoyable exercises to encourage you to write from a new perspective on your tarot: draw some cards, lay them out and look at them in differently, open your perception to new ways of seeing the illustrations and the people or places or objects.

Do not buy this book thinking it's going to cure your writing issues but I believe you will find it stimulating and fun. Corrine's list of meanings is going to alter how you think of your LWB, too.

There are so many more sites and books and articles on developing your writing skills. Corrine's book is about using your existing tarot knowledge and tweaking it a bit to use your decks as story-craft.

sounds like a great book anyway you look at it....maybe while opening my mind to other meanings of the cards, I will stopping hitting walls in my writing...

nisaba

I don't know whether the book helps with writer's block, but Tarot certainly can, used in any number of ways.

Disa

I really like this book! I think the interesting perspectives and new ways of looking at things do assist with overcoming writer's block to some degree. After all, why do we get writer's block? We are stagnating, stale, something isn't clicking...Try something new and see some new thoughts emerge. I like to take a long brisk walk first to clear my head, then approach the writing....good luck to you.

I'm having a bit of a block atm, as well- but it's because I'm writing a NON-fiction paper...ugggg (It's a whole different kinda block)

magpie9

This is a really good book, a helpful book, a book that can't cure you of what ails you, but can put you on the right path. If you don't have it, get it. You won't regret it.