Singing bowls

zorya

i would be very cautious when ordering tibetan singing bowls, especially if you have children in your home, as lead and mercury are two of the traditional metals used in them.

the traditional 7 metals are; gold, silver, mercury, copper, iron, tin, and lead.

however, many bowls are now being made with the following metals; bronze (copper and tin), iron, and zinc.

Diana

Lightlike said:
OMG, wow, ok I know I have to have one now.

Me too!

Santa? Are you listening?

Lightlike

Diana said:
Me too!

Santa? Are you listening?

I hope he knows we've been very good this year :) lol

Moonbow

Done it......

Simone,

When the bowl is really singing, its as though the sound is in stereo all around you. You really cannot tell which direction the note is coming from. I dont know if I did it right but when I did the mouth thing you mentioned the sound was inside my mouth and nose! Maybe I didn't do it right? Another thing I noticed is that afterwards my hands were very shaky. Strange... but .... compulsive..

Moonbow* :)

Lightlike

Another silly question...

What is the singing bowls relation to divination? How do you divine from listening to the singing, Moonbow*? How does it work for you? Is it like scrying in the sense that you hear things that give you some answers?

Thanks, Jess

Moonbow

So glad I'm helping out with the Christmas ideas........

M*

skytwig

I have Tibetan TingSha Bells (dragons engraved on them, wuhoo!!). I use them for cleansing my aura and chakras..... holding them at each chakra and 'tinging' them together..... fabulous!!!! Feels great!!

They really work!!

Moonbow.... you may be interested in the bowl again because it is telling you to use it more.....

It is great for balancing your chakra system and will, as a result, help you to better meditate, divine, scry and, of course, read cards..... :D

Moonbow

Lightlike,

Its just like Skytwig says. Its just nice. Really, really nice. You can cleanse your aura, crystals, tarot deck, rooms in the house, or just use to make you feel great. Like I said, it makes you tingly and refreshed. And when not in use, its a great ornament and talk topic......

Moonbow*

Moonbow

skytwig said:
and chakras..... holding them at each chakra and 'tinging' them together..... fabulous!!!! Feels great!!

It is great for balancing your chakra system and will, as a result, help you to better meditate, divine, scry and, of course, read cards..... :D

I'm gonna do this, thanks Skytwig

Moonbow*

Simone

Re: Done it......

Moonbow* said:
Simone,

I dont know if I did it right but when I did the mouth thing you mentioned the sound was inside my mouth and nose!

Moonbow* :)

You did it right :D - that's where the overtones are filtered out from the main sound. Did you try to "modulate" them?

Anyway, anyone out there knowing how to sing overtones? (I know, dear moderator, this is a Tarot Forum, Divination Section, but where could we put threads about Singing Bowls and overtones - fascinating subject... :cool: )

Singing overtones can have meditative, centering, chakra-balancing and healing effets too ... simply love it!

Light and Love
Simone