Singing bowls

Moonbow

Re: Re: Done it......

Simone said:
You did it right :D - that's where the overtones are filtered out from the main sound. Did you try to "modulate" them?

No, I didn't but I'll do that next. Its a bit difficult keeping the singing going and puting it near your mouth, without hitting yourself in the face.... hahaha so glad I did it right.....

Moonbow* :D

Minderwiz

We have one!!!!!!!!

My wife bought one at a recent Mind Body & Spirit fair in Manchester. You really need to try before you buy. The stall that we bought from had many different sizes - they all make different notes and you sense the vibrations differently.

Some will work for you, others simply set your nerves on edge. However when you get one that resonates on the same frequency as you the sensation is great.

Also make sure you get a proper pouch for it.

Moonbow

Minderwiz said:
Also make sure you get a proper pouch for it.

Hi Minderwiz,

Never heard of a pouch for them. Mine sits on my bedroom windowsil. But I have often wondered if it should be cleaned or polished - but how?

Moonbow* :)

BigLuna

I've had a singing bowl for several years, use it when the mood strikes me, and wouldn't trade it for anything. (I demonstrated it to someone just a couple of day's ago, after it sat unused for several weeks.) It's a marvelous meditation tool, and it takes a very steady hand and perfect rhythm to keep the bowl from making a grating, awful sound during it's "song." The water is absolutely beautiful in the bowl once it begins to "dance."

skytwig

Minderwiz said:
Some will work for you, others simply set your nerves on edge. However when you get one that resonates on the same frequency as you the sensation is great.

So very true..... Try them out to see which one 'fits' your individual energy......

Also, for those who cannot utilize either the bells or the bowls, simply singing the song, "Do Ra Me", will clear the chakras..... (The song from sound of Music!)

I used to sing it every day as I drove to work in a drug treatment facility (needed to be clear).... in fact, i sang alot at work, now that i think of it..... hmmmm.... i could do with more singing in my day.... thanks for reminding me ;)

Ted Andrews has some great books out about sound and how it clears negative energy..... his books can be found in new age stores and are relatively affordable.....

Jewel-ry

I have a singing bowl! The first time I heard one I was with my sister. It made me feel really weird and I almost passed out in the shop. The one I have in my home now is fine though and I have used it every day for months. The tone is just beautiful. I use it for getting rid of negativity in the house, for balancing my chakras and for cleansing my crystals and decks. The crystals can be placed inside the bowl individually and the deck I just put on a hard surface and move the singing bowl around it.

On a serious note, I think the tone can affect your balance. It is important that you buy the right one for you! Research them carefully. The larger ones gave me the most amount of trouble.

J :)

Simone

Re: Re: Re: Done it......

Moonbow* said:
No, I didn't but I'll do that next. Its a bit difficult keeping the singing going and puting it near your mouth, without hitting yourself in the face.... hahaha so glad I did it right.....

Moonbow* :D

:laugh:

Moonbow*, sorry, I couldn't help laughing imagining people around the world trying not to hit themselves in the face while making their bowls sing... :D :D

The trick might be tapping the bowl once to have the tone, and you will be surprised how long the vibrations persist and how much time you have to try and filter out overtones... :) and is less dangerous ;)

light and love
Simone

Ironwing

If you are curious about singing bowl sounds, you might look for the CD "Singing Bowls of Shangri-La". It's produced by Steven Halpern but the bowl player is the late Thea Surasu, a friend who provided my own singing bowl collection through trades for artwork. The bowl on the CD was affectionately known to Thea and his friends as "Big Bowl". It would sing if you blew gently on the rim!

My collection has four large bowls, named for their sounds: Sun, Water, Stone, and Green Earth, and a small Death or Ghost bowl. I have also made some jewelry with pieces of broken bowls - the bronze varies in color and composition, but I've never had it assayed to find out if it really has seven metals in it. It melts quickly, forges poorly (cracks easily), and is almost as hard as steel.

Lorena

Moonbow

Hi ironwing

Do you have samples of your jewelry to show us?

Moonbow* :)

Ironwing

singing bowl jewelry pics

Hi Moonbow,
I am working on a pendant now and will put it on my website when it's done. Here are two pendants that I sold a couple of years ago:

"Moonrise in the Hidden Land"
Bronze disc cut from the bottom of a broken bowl.
Silver, torch-textured copper, forged iron, mica, covellite cabochon (metallic blue copper ore).
http://www.mineralarts.com/artwork/bowlpendant1.jpg

"Lunar Eclipse"
Covellite, silver, red gold, bronze.
The metal on the right side of the picture is a small piece of bowl bronze that was melted then cooled quickly, creating the wrinkled surface texture. The metal on the left side of the picture is homemade red gold.
http://www.mineralarts.com/artwork/bowlpendant2.jpg

Lorena