78 Weeks of Study: General Discussion

jmd

Just a quick note to mention that I have (finally) updated the list of dates (post 25).

Not sure how many amongst us are still doing it, but thought it worthwhile to ensure the update is there for those who are.

...the end of this 78 weeks is already in sight!

jmd

...so... given marybham and gregory's posts above, should we roll this on to an ongoing 78 weeks???

(for some, it would mean beginning a fresh one in May this year)

gregory

jmd said:
Just a quick note to mention that I have (finally) updated the list of dates (post 25).

Not sure how many amongst us are still doing it, but thought it worthwhile to ensure the update is there for those who are.

...the end of this 78 weeks is already in sight!
Thanks for that ! I have already used one....

- and the answer to your question (as far as I know) is one. Me. (though marybham is now apparently joining me - I don't know where though !)

I think a rolling 78 weeks is a great idea. I know rcb30872 has only stopped because she has been without a computer for so long, and is now so far behind that she feels unable to join in again even when that's sorted.... If it went on for ever, all the people who have said "can we join in" after it started might have done.... A couple of people have posted a couple of times....(you see, I get to see these things; almost no-one else does!!!! though thanks to the person who is following all mine and PMd to tell me to keep it up. :love:)

I'd say people should be able to join at the point where it is at any time (currently Queen of Pents/Coins) and roll round and round and round - yes? OR start at the beginning and keep going - which would mean everyone was at different points - this might limit discussion - though being alone in there limits it even more... ;)

bleuivy

If it was ongoing, I would totally join in! I've wanted to in the past, but haven't been able to due to non-tarot life getting in the way until everyone was weeks and weeks ahead. If it was ongoing, I could just join now! Or soon, anyway....

bleuivy

gregory said:
OR start at the beginning and keep going - which would mean everyone was at different points - this might limit discussion - though being alone in there limits it even more... ;)

Thought: I don't comment now because I'm not doing the study. If was I was participating, I'd probably discuss more with people, even if they were on a different card from me. Just by virtue of us all being in this thing together, if you know what I mean. :)

RaeBelle

Hmm..so we should start with the Knight of Pents/Coins? I may have to play catch up a few times, but I'm game to try this.

jmd

Just a note that I have opened a new thread with new links and both current and new dates to continue past the dates I posted above (post 25).

If anyone tries to use the links in the first post of the various threads, they will will link to the new thread located here.

Please use the new thread...

gregory

:love:jmd:love:

Thanks for all that ! But where do you stand on people joining in where we currently are ? They could finish the end of the deck and start with bateleur in may.

Note to all - this IS a whacking commitment; take it from the only survivor of last year's start ! But it is worth it.

RaeBelle

jmd, would it be okay to start now with the Knight of Pents/Deniers and wrap back to the front in May?

gregory

RaeBelle said:
jmd, would it be okay to start now with the Knight of Pents/Deniers and wrap back to the front in May?
We (I..... ;)) are up to the Queen now..... :D