why the pendulum lies?

ivanna

I tried some questions like my name is ... and it answered "i don't know"
Why does it happen?
Yesterday I tried to program it. Its a hematite angel with a silver chain with enough lenght to get a good swing, but the asnwers it gives me are obviuosly wrong.
What I am doing wrong? Or is just that this pendulum doesn't work and I need a new one?

Emily

Maybe you just need to practise with it. But saying that I never had much luck with my pendulums either. I gave up on the crystal ones and started to use a solid brass pendulum, I had better luck with that one but not good enough for me to rely or trust it.

Russ1964

Interesting thread, thank you.

My wife used to be a strong believer in the pendulum and many, many years ago had used the pendulum to ask questions concerning her children and their children. A couple of decades later the answers have turned out completely false. She has also had other pendulum answers turn out to be completely false and it has completely destroyed her faith in the pendulum method of prediction/divination. For her the pendulum lies more than telling the truth, so has been even worse than completely 50% randomness.

Seeing her experiences I am sceptical about using the pendulum for myself.

Best regards
Russ

Padma

I do know some people get very good use of them, especially when using them to dowse chakra health, but I never could. My pendulums never swung wide or firmly enough to make me feel confident of the answer, and I had one that would just sit and shiver, no matter what it was asked. I have a niece who can make the pendulum answer however she tells it to answer! She stopped using hers because she found it too easy to influence it with her own thoughts, and so no longer trusted the answers.

I guess it is one of those things where mileage may vary with user. :)

.traveller.

I use a pendulum and it works within very narrow parameters. I use it to find lost objects in the house, and to verify readings I have done. If I use it to ask questions, I pay more attention to my reaction to the answer the pendulum gives me, because in every instance, that reaction was the "true" answer, regardless of what the pendulum was doing.

ivanna

Great, thank you for sharing it, not many positive experiences. It may be better to forgive it, I got very nice and clear swings, but the answers were completely false.

Padma

Ivanna, have you asked the pendulum to show you what "yes" looks like, and what "no" looks like, as well as "maybe"? If it swings clearly, but the answers are false, maybe you just have the no mixed up with the yes? Just wondering if that could be the problem...

ivanna

Hi,
I tried to programmed it. But I may try as you are saying. Just letting the pendulum to show me how it wants to answer.
Did you have positive experiences?

rainboweve

Hi ivanna,

I usually have a pretty good success rate with my pendulum, but I also have four or five pendulums total. The one I used most recently - my amethyst pendulum with stones for the chakras on the chain - worked very well and I would say I had about a 70% success rate with it. It may be higher or lower, but generally when asking 3 questions I will get 2 out of every 3 questions right, with a few 3 out of 3s. I don't think I've ever gotten 3 out of 3 completely wrong except for when I very first started with pendulum, so I would say like anything it just takes practice. I also picked out all of my pendulums by hand in store so I got to test them out before purchase and make sure they worked for me before I bought them.

greatdane

I don't know about a pendulum lying

I think pendulums seem to favor some of us more than others, but not so sure it's the pendulum. Different divination methods, for whatever reason, may just work better for some, no matter what we do.
I was using a pendulum, asked a question and time after time after time, I got that something wouldn't happen, this person would not visit and oh yes they did and stayed forever, well, it seemed forever. I was careful how I did, the method, everything. Then I realized just like tarot and other oracles, some may work better for some than others. It is perhaps about us, not the pendulum. Like saying certain decks read well for us, we are doing the reading. It is something in us. That's how I feel about pendulums and most other divinatory items.