Can anyone here read auras?

samantha

Is there anyone currently on the boards who can read auras ? I'm interested to know when the ability came to you, what exactly it is that you are seeing, whether people have auras all of the time and how quickly one individuals aura can change. I know I could google all of this but I can't get to ask questions !

I have sometimes thought that I could see something (colour) around some people, but its not distinct/defined and can fade out of view just as soon as it materialises. (I don't think this is due to eye problems !)

jeffrey2530

Is there anyone currently on the boards who can read auras ? I'm interested to know when the ability came to you, what exactly it is that you are seeing, whether people have auras all of the time and how quickly one individuals aura can change. I know I could google all of this but I can't get to ask questions !

I have sometimes thought that I could see something (colour) around some people, but its not distinct/defined and can fade out of view just as soon as it materialises. (I don't think this is due to eye problems !)

I can't see, but I know some people who said that they can see...

and they always do meditation, it seems this has something to do with focus..so meditation is the best practice for seeing auras...I think~

samantha

Yes, meditation is used to, as you say, gain focus in a lot of esoteric practices. I've been going to sessions at a local Buddhist centre for a while now but my progress seems to have plateaued. It doesn't appear to have had much impact on my ability (or lack of it) to see auras, or whatever this is, though -that started years and years ago.

lilac04

nah. I tried it for ages and it just never worked - i ended up squinting all the time to try it and it just never happened lol. Like most people here i read energies sometimes if i'm focused but even that gets fuzzy after a while lol

tarotbear

Years ago I bought a book that contained a pair of cardboard eyeglass frames with dark indigo lenses that was 'supposed to help you see auras.'

Hasn't worked yet!

danieljuk

there is a camera technology (I am not sure how it works but you use a normal camera and change lights and filters or something) that lets you photograph your auras!

I once did a deep meditation and saw an outline of myself that was orange. It has never happened before or since and really no expert in this area. I have never seen it on other people but perhaps it's a beginning skill for me :) Interestingly orange is one of my fave colours and also is a very rare aura field, I looked it up online! it happened randomly for me when meditating, so that doesn't really help you Samantha :)

Disa

I suppose there are times when I can "sense" auras. The only time I ever actually saw one with my "physical" eyes was in a psychic development class. Happened once and never again. Then again, I haven't tried too hard to do it. I do know a guy who just sees them without trying. That's cool to me.

tarotbear

In my limited understanding - there is a difference between 'auras' and what we sometimes see which is usually an 'retinal afterimage' - where someone is standing in front of something dark and when they move you either see their image still there briefly, or while they are there you see a narrow band of color around them. When I turn off the lights at night I can sometimes still see the furniture outlines as a greenish color but that fades quickly. I don't think furniture can have an aura, but electric things like printers and laptops might generate one...

A friend once tried the aformentioned indigo glasses and she said she could see 'electric lines' emanating from her cat ... but she is sensitive to these things to begin with.

I know - we are not helping samantha!

JenWt43

I cannot see auras, myself. However, I had an interesting experience a couple of years ago where a man could definitely see my aura. I had been to a new-age type of workshop, and after that, I kept feeling like I had an energetic "hole" over my right shoulder. It's difficult to describe, but I felt something was very "off."

Months later, I was visiting a town (Woodstock, NY) about an hour away from where I live. A man kept squinting at me, walked up to me, and said "do you know that you have a hole in your aura, over your right shoulder?". A complete stranger. To say I was shocked is an understatement! I said yes, I did know about the hole. I then asked him "what do I do about it?". He responded "I have no idea" and walked away. :( Hmm.

Roy

basically you just scan the persons chakras.. like i scanned mine and saw a lava so i'd take to mean mine is red.. then i felt an empty feeling

i'd close my eyes and ask my guides to show me..

I asked about yours and saw a light green frog.. then i heard private, then i heard freedom, and then empty stomach.. so i guess you eat a lot or never feel full. i feel that your energy is blocked or goes inwards.. like you'd keep it inside rather than express feelings

so just close your eyes and ask about it and pay attention to what is shown.. sometimes you'll feel it, see it, hear a word.. most important is to trust what you get and don't lose focus :)