Why so hard to RESIST buying Tarot decks?

Luna-Ocean

Buying Tarot decks?

Well today i just couldn't resist buying a deck that i had no intentions buying because i didn't really have enough funds available, but because the seller offered it at very reasonable price i just had to get it.

Padma

I find it hard to resist buying them, myself - because every new deck tells different stories, in a different way...and if the art is truly beautiful to my eyes, all my resolve melts, and I HAVE to have it! Specially if it is OOP and doesn't come up too often. I just did a big deck splurge, myself...! :laugh: going to have to stop now, though. To be fair I had only bought I think 3 other decks this year, so really, it's not too too bad.

I guess it's a different thing for every person. Some people can't resist buying shoes, some can't resist new electronic toys, etc. and my addiction seems to be decks and crystals. Just can't stop myself!

ETA: A few months ago, I spotted an OOP deck kit I really, really wanted...it was at a super good price...I hesitated, trying to be fiscally responsible...when I went back to the online store to get the deck, finally, it was gone :( Now I have the deck, I managed to trade for what I wanted, but it didn't come with the book. So I wish I had caved the first time, when I saw the whole package! Strike while the iron is hot, they say!

Luna-Ocean

I find it hard to resist buying them, myself - because every new deck tells different stories, in a different way...and if the art is truly beautiful to my eyes, all my resolve melts, and I HAVE to have it! Specially if it is OOP and doesn't come up too often. I just did a big deck splurge, myself...! :laugh: going to have to stop now, though. To be fair I had only bought I think 3 other decks this year, so really, it's not too too bad.

I guess it's a different thing for every person. Some people can't resist buying shoes, some can't resist new electronic toys, etc. and my addiction seems to be decks and crystals. Just can't stop myself!

ETA: A few months ago, I spotted an OOP deck kit I really, really wanted...it was at a super good price...I hesitated, trying to be fiscally responsible...when I went back to the online store to get the deck, finally, it was gone :( Now I have the deck, I managed to trade for what I wanted, but it didn't come with the book. So I wish I had caved the first time, when I saw the whole package! Strike while the iron is hot, they say!

Hi Lotus

I'm the same i just find it impossible to resist something if its a bargain especially if you can get a good price for it before its gone, and when it does you get that horrible sinking feeling? when i'm on here i notice so many beautiful decks and then that temptation is back again, i'm not sure if there is any actual therapy groups out there that deal with our Tarot addictions? :D

lalalibra

I find it hard to resist buying them, myself - because every new deck tells different stories, in a different way...and if the art is truly beautiful to my eyes, all my resolve melts, and I HAVE to have it!

^ exactly!

I just bought two new tarot decks in the past month, but I guess to be fair, I was only really in love with one out of the four other tarot decks I own (before I bought the two new decks, that is...). And I've bought a lot of oracle decks in the past year as well.

I think that now that I've gotten a better feel for what I prefer in a deck, I hope to curb the spending. I'm doing so by trying to be more practical; really asking myself what is it that I see in the new deck that is so vastly different from any other deck I already own.

Another motivation is that in hindsight, there are some decks I wish I hadn't bought -- that I may like, but I don't really love/use/"need" as much. I know that hypothetically I may sell them, but it seems that in doing so I may take a loss... especially since some of the decks have certain factory flaws that were there out of the box despite being new, so I'd have to disclose those details and I probably wouldn't get as much back for them... so they just sit around in a drawer for now. (Does anyone else have that issue? ...Or am I the only one who isn't so lucky in the quality control department?)

I think it does help to wait to be sure of the purchase... and yet sometimes, you don't *really* know until you have the deck in your hands... Plus, there's that little voice saying, "But you never know! What if you end up loving this deck so much that it CHANGES YOUR ENTIRE WORLD?!?!?"

...And then it's hard to pass up a good deal as well. I hate to see a deck for cheap one day only to wait on it and suddenly see it shoot up in price the next day, and stay there endlessly... or worse, go OOP...

Inconnu

Well today i just couldn't resist buying a deck that i had no intentions buying because i didn't really have enough funds available, but because the seller offered it at very reasonable price i just had to get it?

Why does this happen? i would of been happy to of waited the following week to get this deck, but because it was a OOP deck and i really wanted it, i just had to get it before someone else got there before me?

Thank goodness i didn't break my bank balance after buying it, but who's to say tomorrow there wont be another rare and beautiful deck just waiting to get snatched up again?

Oh this Tarot site as a lot to answer for? :D

I'm not proud. I've done it. Late hour, surfing ebay, interesting Marseille, tequila...that's the ticket.

So, what did you get?

nisaba

Shuush-your-mouth, you *are* proud of it!