The Sherlock Holmes Tarot

Baron de Bagge

The first complet holmesian tarot deck ?

A curious work, with elegant pictures, but « the first complete tarot deck based on the famous sleuth » was edited in Spain in June, 2009. This deck of 78 cards too, inspired by the celebrated Tarot of Marseilles, was created by José Luis Errazquin as a complement to the book « El Caso de la Baraja Perversa » (The Case of the Wicked Pack of Cards) by Juan Requena, who search (and find), with great erudition and ingenuity, the 22 Maior Arcana in the Holmesian Canon.

http://www.estudioenescarlata.com/fichalibro.php?id=978-84-613-2869-7

A study unique in his genre, but well-know by all the holmesian societies, that does not appear, however, in the bibliography mentioned by the authors of this new version.

Regards.

freyaisunavailable

Thanks Barron, I have looked for the deck you mentioned and couldn't find much about it; do you happen to have it? I took a chance and ordered it from the website you provided. I am excited to see both decks.

La Force

Sherlock Holmes Tarot - After being MIA for 13 months

Hello again.

I have been MIA for 13 months and haven't touched any of my tarot decks during this period of being MIA. During this time, I had to for my sanity tell myself how much I hate tarot, hate tarot deck, hate everything about tarot. Why, cause for the first 8 months I was seeing a psychiatrist, that didn't believe / understand anything about it, we butt'ed heads repeadily, then I finally fired the psychiatrist. The psychiatrist in the end did more damage than any good. So for the past 5 months I gave away pretty much everything I had of my tarot collection, with exception of my book collection and a hand full of decks, that held dear to my heart. Which were very near to being given away as well, but my daughters enforced me not to.

I did a major move May 01, 2015. I meet a wonderful lady that was a tarot reader. One lovely afternoon this past week, she read my cards. everything was exposed all the traumas and crimes that I have gone through over the past 2 years. Then she saw the Tarot in me in the cards. There was a strong connection, now she and I have made a connection, and she gave me my tarot fire back.

Even though I have a a couple decks left, I felt that if I was going to get back into tarot, I didn't want to use any of those decks, for they carry too much of those bad memories and energies for those 2 years, which were negative, and I don't feel that it would go away even if I cleansed the hell out of those cards.

Therefore I felt it was time for a new deck. I waited till I got that feeling, and once it hit I knew that the right deck was ready for me to pick up and where to get it. I had in my hands 5 new decks that I was connecting to, but I had to choose only one.

and the one I chose was by this;
Sherlock Holmes Tarot said:
Specially created spreads enable you to investigate your personal dilemmas, just as Sherlock Holmes sought answers to crimes

That sentence not only jumped out at me from the back of the box, but also screamed I will help you answer all those many questions you have, with all the traumas and crimes you experienced over these past 2 years.

I am shocked at how well I am connecting with these cards and the readings I have done so far. I will come back and write more about this deck, after I spend some more time with it.

La Force