Past Lives books

daphne

I want to read more about past lives.
I`ve searched on amazon, there are plenty of new age books, but I dont know what to choose.

Maybe you can share the books you liked.

celticnoodle

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but a few books with stories of visitations from the deceased are:

1. "Don't kiss them Good-bye" by Allison DuBois. Allison is a medium, as you may know--(fairly famous) and she speaks about many of her experiences with spirits. However, this book is really more of a story about how Allison comes to accept her abilities as a medium.

2. "Never Say Goodbye" by Patrick Mathews. This book is also about Patricks experiences with his medium abilities.

3. "Death does Not Part Us" by Elsie R. Sechrist. This speaks of encounters with spirits and shows that even in death, our loved ones are around us and trying to give us messages.

4. "Relax, it's only a Ghost" by Echo Bodine. This is a book that I really enjoyed. This is another book done by a woman who is coming to terms with being a medium.

5. "House of Spirits and Whispers" by Annie Wilder. Another story that I loved! This is about a woman, (Annie) who purchases a home that is filled with spirits and how she and her children come to grips with this. It is not a scary story at all--actually it is a very loving one.

6. "Messages from Spirit" by Colette Baron-Reid. Another book sharing stories of deceased loved ones coming back to let their loved ones knwo they are around them and watching over them.

Then, a twist on this and the three books below are not actually about life after death-but a trilogy written by a famous shaman, Hank Wesselman, on how he met his future descendant while meditating. So far, I've only read the first two, and couldn't put them down. I have just purchased book 3, and waiting for it to come in the mail. I plan to read this one as soon as it comes in. It is an incredible story and I highly recommend these 3 books as well.

1. Spiritwalker
2. Medicine Maker
3. Visionseeker

all three written by Hank Wesselman.

daphne

Celticnoodle, thank you so so much!!!

I am most attracted by the last 3 you mentioned. You sounded very excited and I got excited about them too, I will look on amazon.

For the other books with life after death stories, I am not so attracted. Maybe I am more of a theoretician person, I like to see the general behind particular, the system behind mechanisms, but usually I get bored reading about one particular case.
Or maybe because I am absolute non-medium person, I know there are mediums that talk with spirits and such, I bet it`s drop dead fascinating to experience it, but it is out of my reach. So I drift away quick when reading about particular out of body experiences.
Give me some theories to think about, some physics, some mystical or scientific hypotheses to attempt some explanations about humanity and reincarnation.

I guess, what I am looking to read is more on the "scientific" or "psychological" way about the topic, and a little bit less new age-y.

When I say scientific, of course I know that it cannot be a strong scientific discussion about this, but maybe sort of scientific speculation. I like books like those of Fritjof Capra, about the way physics starts to compliment old mystic views about life. Or a book like "The Field" by Lynne McTaggart, which presents research in paranormal area with really food for thought results for any skeptic.

As for the psychological approach, an example from a divination area, astrology, comes to my mind - the books of Steven Forrest, which I love to read, even if I know zero about astrology. The way he discuss the subject is just totally captivating, he makes me think and ponder and be amazed of things. BTW, he also has a book about past lives and astrology, Yesterday`s Sky.

SunChariot

I want to read more about past lives.
I`ve searched on amazon, there are plenty of new age books, but I dont know what to choose.

Maybe you can share the books you liked.

Definitely Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian Weiss.

That was the definitive book for me. I wasn't sure what I believe in reincarnation before reading it. That was the book that convinced me. It's really a fascinating thing. I've leant mine to a number of people already. Who all loved it too.

Babs

SunChariot

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but a few books with stories of visitations from the deceased are:

1. "Don't kiss them Good-bye" by Allison DuBois. Allison is a medium, as you may know--(fairly famous) and she speaks about many of her experiences with spirits. However, this book is really more of a story about how Allison comes to accept her abilities as a medium.

2. "Never Say Goodbye" by Patrick Mathews. This book is also about Patricks experiences with his medium abilities.

3. "Death does Not Part Us" by Elsie R. Sechrist. This speaks of encounters with spirits and shows that even in death, our loved ones are around us and trying to give us messages.

4. "Relax, it's only a Ghost" by Echo Bodine. This is a book that I really enjoyed. This is another book done by a woman who is coming to terms with being a medium.

5. "House of Spirits and Whispers" by Annie Wilder. Another story that I loved! This is about a woman, (Annie) who purchases a home that is filled with spirits and how she and her children come to grips with this. It is not a scary story at all--actually it is a very loving one.

6. "Messages from Spirit" by Colette Baron-Reid. Another book sharing stories of deceased loved ones coming back to let their loved ones knwo they are around them and watching over them.

Then, a twist on this and the three books below are not actually about life after death-but a trilogy written by a famous shaman, Hank Wesselman, on how he met his future descendant while meditating. So far, I've only read the first two, and couldn't put them down. I have just purchased book 3, and waiting for it to come in the mail. I plan to read this one as soon as it comes in. It is an incredible story and I highly recommend these 3 books as well.

1. Spiritwalker
2. Medicine Maker
3. Visionseeker

all three written by Hank Wesselman.

Thanks from me too CN :heart:

Will be looking to find some of these on my Kindle. :grin:

Babs

Mycroft

I guess, what I am looking to read is more on the "scientific" or "psychological" way about the topic, and a little bit less new age-y.
The best theory I ever heard for a scientific explanation of reincarnation was a proposition that human DNA records our experiences and stores them in such a way that the brain can holographically re-experience them. The idea suggested that 'reincarnational memories' are thus passed on through generations with each successive one adding more to the pot, so to speak. Therefore, under this theory, 'past-life regression' is perfectly valid, since an individual is re-experiencing what happened to an ancestor who is 're-incarnated' through their descendent's DNA.

daphne

The best theory I ever heard for a scientific explanation of reincarnation was a proposition that human DNA records our experiences and stores them in such a way that the brain can holographically re-experience them. The idea suggested that 'reincarnational memories' are thus passed on through generations with each successive one adding more to the pot, so to speak. Therefore, under this theory, 'past-life regression' is perfectly valid, since an individual is re-experiencing what happened to an ancestor who is 're-incarnated' through their descendent's DNA.

Nice one, still, does not fit with very different parts of the globe most often previous lives are located. Ancestors had no means to migrate suddenly from one corner of the planet to another.

amethyst57

The HiddenPower Of Your Past Lives--Sandra Anne taylor

How To Uncover Your Past Lives--ted andrews

Great books on this subject...

But genealogy and reincarnation seem not to meld well....
Pick your next life I fathom.....
So how does it mesh with family history?
Anyone find a book on that??

Spiderwoman

Past lives

My slant on past lives is perhaps not relevant here? As a hypnotherapist I have taken people on a journey back to their past lives and have also experienced this myself. However I am not convinced that we are able to recall previous lives; to me a more likely cause is that our mind is using stories to help solve issues, problems and challenges we are facing in the here and now. I have known people (myself included) who have gained much insight into their current life through a regression they have had. What does it matter if the experience assists them in healing and moving forward.
Spiderwoman