a dream needing some analysis?

isthmus nekoi

Butterfly> I studied psychology in my first year, and had a similar experience - almost *nothing* on dreams. I think Jung was mentioned once or twice although there was a whole chapter on Freud! rrrrrr Don't get me wrong, I loved psy but it has its blindspots! Like having to take a boring stats course. I'd probably be a psy major if it weren't for the horror of having to sit through a year of stats :p

Butterfly

Well, I did ten years of stats for my degrees. Urk! We did do Jung, but they did it in such a dry boring manner, most people wouldn't know just how amazing he was. And definitely not how influential he is!

Jeanette

Here's another dream for you, Jade, and you may do whatever you please with it. I dreamt that I was outside, on my back patio. I have a square planter there (it's fairly large). When I looked into it, there were three little kittens, nestled in cabbage leaves, with the cutest little faces! Two of them were orange tabby colored, but I can't remember about the other one. In the dream, I think the mother was over in the woods and not too happy that I discovered her babies, but nothing bad happened. I made a fuss over the kittens, and may have picked one up, but I'm pretty sure I put it back. Then I woke up! I do have two cats, and one is the offspring of the first. We've just made an appointment to have it neutered, because I don't want any more kittens coming around! Maybe subconsciously I was thinking what was going to happen if I wait much longer? More kittens?

jade

hey, i'll send it on. butterfly's dream will be in the magazine :)

so i'll post when it's published and online.

in light,
jade :)

mystic

Ahhhhh, Dreamscapes,

Fantasies for the mind,
food for the soul.

Has anyone ever met someone who has never had a dream?

Has anyone ever met someone who's dreams are wrapped in cycles?

Always questions........

jade

jeanette, you are the june issue dream!

mystic,

my husband says that he never dreams although i think he just doesn't remember them. but then again, he can sit and just 'not think' for hours.

weird.

jade

ps hi mystic..........i see you've shined your armour, i hope it was for me! :D

Kaz

Not dreaming is not possible I believe, but 'not thinking' is !
It's very hard to do, try it, empty your head and not think. Can't remember which sort bhuddism it was that did this in meditation.

Kaz

Butterfly

Everyone has dreams, they have found that if you stop a person from dreaming they will become extremely ill- physically, but especially mentally. That is just after a night or two withoout dreams.

MeeWah

Butterfly: Great dreams, for all the reasons Isthmus mentioned!
Isthmus Nekoi: Very masterful interpretation & understanding; I am very impressed!
Jeanette: Agree with your take on your dream. It is a very poetic treatment of the theme of being inundated with kittens :)
For some reason, it reminds me of the original Star Trek series' episode "The Trouble with Tribbles".

isthmus nekoi

mystic> I've met a number of ppl who say they don't dream but I don't believe them :p I think they just forget them!! Actually, I had a friend who told me he didn't dream. But then I got him into tarot/kept talking about dreams and he started to remember some - empirical evidence that ppl just forget! :p Actually, I have another anecdotal observation: I part time at an animation art school and I find in general, artists remember their dreams easier. Perhaps b/c dreaming is such a visual phenomenon?

MeeWah> Thanks!! ^_^