types of crystal balls

Starri Knytes

Oops! I double posted sorry about that.

Starri Knytes

Wow! Each and every one of them is so very beautiful!

That brings up a third choice that I had not yet really considered. How do the balls that you can't see into, the opaque ones, work in Scrying for people?

I am glad you said that your favorite is the clear quartz with the phantom and veining. That was fun to hear as I just gone one of those a few days ago and am about to try it for the first time, maybe today. :grin:

What is it about that one that makes it read best for you, or your favourite?

Babs

I love your spheres. The blue is Stunning! The Selenite looks like it would be great to scry with. I don't really scary. Each has unique properties, energy, each aids in connecting with different energies needed during readings and other work.

With some stones you find its sweet spot or vein and it literally draws you in.

The story of my quartz sphere is in more than one thread here how about if I pm it to you.

danieljuk

I want to buy my first one also! I love this thread (thanks for starting it Babs)

love all your pictures, especially your set up Starri!

I wondered what is the best advice? does it make a difference how much you spend? how big it is? what type of stone it is? or should you go and find the the one that calls to you in some way?

SunChariot

I love your spheres. The blue is Stunning! The Selenite looks like it would be great to scry with. I don't really scary. Each has unique properties, energy, each aids in connecting with different energies needed during readings and other work.

With some stones you find its sweet spot or vein and it literally draws you in.

The story of my quartz sphere is in more than one thread here how about if I pm it to you.

Would love to hear it. Can't wait. Crystal balks fascinate me.:heart:

Babs

SunChariot

I want to buy my first one also! I love this thread (thanks for starting it Babs)

love all your pictures, especially your set up Starri!

I wondered what is the best advice? does it make a difference how much you spend? how big it is? what type of stone it is? or should you go and find the the one that calls to you in some way?

I got my first 3 here:

Www.phoenixorion.com

They have some beautiful things and stands too. But the shipping was somewhat expensive.
Its by weight and the shipping was as much or more than the ball itsrlf.

The last two I found on E-Bay. They are from China and the shipping and hsndling was free. Some E-Bay crystal balls offer free S&H and that saves a lot.

...in case this helps...

My opinion is that yes it has to call to you in some way. But also different stones have different properties. So you can do some research before you commit to buying to see if the propeties of that stone are ones you want to work with.

Although, I think my first is really just blue glass, but it too reads well for me.

Hope you will post a photo of your new ball here if you do get one. Would love to see!

Babs

PrincessPaulina

Sunchariot, may I ask what your dark blue crystal ball is made of? It is very beautiful! :)

SunChariot

Sunchariot, may I ask what your dark blue crystal ball is made of? It is very beautiful! :)

Of course. You can always ask me anything you want. :grin:

Both that ball and the stand came from the same place. The ball is this one.

http://www.phoenixorion.com/phoenixorion/gazingballs/50mmsapphire.htm

My size was the third, the 80mm one.

It also comes in all these other colours shown here:

http://www.phoenixorion.com/phoenixorion/gazingballs.htm

(It's the first item). I think the mauve/purple is pretty nice too and the one that looks like a huge pearl.

They say they are "crystal" balls but I am not 100% sure it's not glass. From what I know naturally formed crystals are not that perfect and since they advertise them as being flawlessly and optically pure (and they really are flawless), if crystal most likely the manmade kind.

That being said. I have never had a problem with mine. It was my first and it read well for me from the start,

Oh and since you live in the US (which I don't) I see on the site that they deliver free to Americans for orders over $50.00. :grin:

Babs

PrincessPaulina

Thanks for the info, Sunchariot!
I like the Aurora Borealis and Aqua balls!
However, they cost enough money where I feel they should be real crystal. I guess I have a predisposition for natural scrying materials, though I understand that glass/manmade crystal can be effective, too. There have been times when I just sat with my Quartz crystal ball in my lap, without even looking at it, and got some lovely insights; I attribute these "messages" to the natural energy of the stone. I'm not sure this type of intuiting would have been possible with man-made crystal; I wonder if it is as conducive energy-wise as natural stone?

SunChariot

Thanks for the info, Sunchariot!
I like the Aurora Borealis and Aqua balls!
However, they cost enough money where I feel they should be real crystal. I guess I have a predisposition for natural scrying materials, though I understand that glass/manmade crystal can be effective, too. There have been times when I just sat with my Quartz crystal ball in my lap, without even looking at it, and got some lovely insights; I attribute these "messages" to the natural energy of the stone. I'm not sure this type of intuiting would have been possible with man-made crystal; I wonder if it is as conducive energy-wise as natural stone?

Interesting you said that.:grin:

The reason I started this thread was to see which kinds of balls people prefer. Between clear ones & the cloudy veined ones. And between the real vs synthetic ones (& sizes)

Although all my balls do read well enough for me, last night I tried my first real quartz Crystal balI for The first time. It immediatety become my favorite. I always heard it was the easiest to read with but I DID feel more energy from it. I saw more clearly in it. Clearer & more colour.

And I feel pretty sure now that I do prefer the occluded/veiled ones to the clear ones.

They do all work but I did find that The quartz crystal one works best so far.

Although today I tried my citrine ball for the first time. And it felt hard to connect to.

Babs