Uni Tarot - new multi deck app for Android [free]

Pam O

ucdevs is the name. Web page was discarded.
Just share link to the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ucdevs.utarot

Hey ucdevs,

This is the problem. The info above is not easy to remember, say, or share. I could not just say, "Go check out XYZ."
I suggest you come up with a biz name. It could be the difference between some success, and a LOT of success! As you know, Fools Dog and Galaxy both have names that we, the consumer, can easily remember and identify with.

You have a GREAT product that deserves widespread exposure. Aren't you the only app offering multiple decks to begin with, with the option to upload person card scans? Your app's success has potential to make a quantum leap with the addition of a business name.
Best wishes and power to you!

ETA And what about your Osho Zen Tarot app that hardly anyone knows about?

PS Every time I see your name ucdevs, it reminds me of UCDavis...

ucdevs

You can say "Go check out Uni Tarot". First link in Google is what you need.
Currently it's only one our app related to tarot.
Osho Zen Tarot was removed by copyright owner request and not supported anymore.

Lee

I just got an Android phone so I'm downloading Uni to try it out. :) I've already installed Galaxy Tarot and the Fool's Dog Lenormand app.

Wendywu

Today I will be scanning my Solleone - I'm looking forward to that because the colours are so vibrant and yet the themes so very dark. Interesting juxtapositioning of the two. I'm going to do it at higher resolution (600dpi) than I usually do for the app (300dpi) because I really love the intensity of the colours in the deck.

I might also do the Langustl today because of the vibrancy of the colours. In winter especially that depth of colour is wonderful to see.

Pam O

Today I will be scanning my Solleone - I'm looking forward to that because the colours are so vibrant and yet the themes so very dark. Interesting juxtapositioning of the two. I'm going to do it at higher resolution (600dpi) than I usually do for the app (300dpi) because I really love the intensity of the colours in the deck.

I might also do the Langustl today because of the vibrancy of the colours. In winter especially that depth of colour is wonderful to see.

Any tips regarding scanning your cards?

One by one?
Or fill the scanner glass with a group scan, then crop the cards out of their group to save singles?

Can you see a difference between 300 & 600 dpi?

ETA Is a phone the only option, or is there an Andriod with a larger screen?

Wendywu

I scan one by one. I tried with one deck with scanning a few cards and cropping out. It was more time and trouble than going one by one. I usually scan for the phone at 300 dpi and if I know I'll want to use a deck on my tablet then I will always go for at least 600 dpi. The difference at larger size with low res cards is less definition and slightly more faded colours. The cards also seem pixellated. If I view on my tablet (which is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1") then yes, I can see a vast difference between a low and hi res scan. Not so much if I just view on my phone.

Having said that, I don't really think of 600 dpi as hi-res; to me a hi-res scan is about 1500 dpi but you need oodles of storage space for a whole deck (I did my Ironwing and the Templar at that because I wanted to print a working copy of Ironwing and a mini Templar)

There are loads of Android tablets about - ranging from 7" to about 13" - and varying in price and quality to suit everyone :).