The Teleplasmic Cabinet of Devilish Doom!

prudence

lol ZM, again you and I are on the same wave length....I too thought I kept seeing Madonna...but when I googled the phrase, it was all about the football (soccer) game and how a dude shot the ball into the goal with his hand, but it was not seen by refs....or something like that. ;)

zannamarie

I had looked up the phrase 'the writing's on the wall' after the Shine On You Crazy Diamonds clue. That's how far back I've had the answer staring me in the face and not knowing it. And because Mycroft's too nice to Shane me for that, I'll do it myself.

ya3u.jpg

and another one for saying Pink Floyd lyrics are not profound.

ya3u.jpg

Just makes me wonder what other answers in my life are staring me in the face that I'm missing...

Mycroft

And because Mycroft's too nice to Shane me for that, I'll do it myself.
Just makes me wonder what other answers in my life are staring me in the face that I'm missing...
Oh my goodness! A double-Shaneing - now that does take some courage to do publicly, in fact you'd better have a point for it (and I think we all know there are some individuals who could have been Shaned out of existence, but no name no pack drill) so I think we can also take this opportunity to present a couple of long overdue awards;

Roger_Waters_The_Wall_Live_opp5109.jpg

"And I want a 10,000 word essay on
'Dark Side of The Moon' by tomorrow morning!
zannamarie un pwoant - zannamarie one point"

zannamarie (+1)

2daa.jpg

Best Male Vocal Performance
Paul Shane

The "How Did My Career Go So Wrong That
I End Up Singing With Paul Shane?" Award

Mike Holloway

The "So Is The Deceased
Person Dead Then?" Award

prudence

We'll take a break from our Pink Floyd Study Group for now, so we can examine some of the curious tie-ins and connections to the Teleplasmic Cabinet. The first of these is rather snappily entitled;
I found a strange woman in my bath - and now I'm seeing dead people!
Both Rocky Horror and The Shining were mentioned as clues earlier (albeit with zero effect) and there is one particular thing they have in common which is shown below - firstly a scene featuring an androgynous figure in a very green bath or pool;

image.jpg

is quickly followed by a group of spirits all dressed up in 1930s style party gear;

image.jpg

and in Rocky Horror we even see them materialise! But what can it all mean? (and more to the point, why do I never find strange women in my bath?)

Ghosts.jpg

Okay all we need now is some really, really great music - and Oh! what a treat, as Angelina Jolie joins Meatloaf (who's dragged up as a fortune teller) on a Jim Steinman penned rock classic;

Mycroft

After a brief absence, it's now time to wrap this thread up. It would have happened sooner, but Emma insisted that I take her to The Mysterious Island of Forbidden Treasure and make mad passionate love to her every night for a week. Well, she didn't exactly say that, but I'm pretty sure that's what she was intimating. Unfortunately, once on the island the poor dear kept developing excruciating migraines every night (probably a combination of the sea-air and the excitement of being with me) and then she had to fly off and present some far less important trophy to a guy named Oscar or something. Oh well, c'est la vie!

article_2537317_1_A8_B99_C800000578_514_634x607.jpg

"Is that an auric polariser in your pocket,
or are you just pleased to see me?"

Anyway, the final thing to do is to have a look at the old scoreboard and see who was the top-scorer and champion divinator this time around - and what we see is;

prudence (0) - although some might argue that
ya3u.jpg
ya3u.jpg
would be a fairer reflection of her performance.

Metafizzypop (+1)

moonbear (+2)

Elendil (+2)

zannamarie (+5)

Which means the winner of this fabulous prize is;

The Paul Shane Trophy
For Psychic Divination

zannamarie

and despite the battering that his reputation has taken in the last couple of threads, Paul's spirit has graciously agreed to make the presentation of this trophy;

ustv_hi_de_hi_paul_shane.jpg

To play us out, a man who surely will be making Paul very proud in the after-life - I give you The Fall and Rise of Robert Unwin;

zannamarie

The Paul Shane Trophy
For Psychic Divination

zannamarie

and despite the battering that his reputation has taken in the last couple of threads, Paul's spirit has graciously agreed to make the presentation of this trophy;

ustv_hi_de_hi_paul_shane.jpg
Thanks. I guess this mean I should keep trying with my bibliomancy as one day it may actually work. lol

To play us out, a man who surely will be making Paul very proud in the after-life - I give you The Fall and Rise of Robert Unwin;

:bugeyed: Oh, my.