G6 

Woa, this took a turn...
Top   #171
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
Davina,

I daresay you were nicer than I was. But I'm with you on the boycott if Schiffer stops this deck from seeing the light of day.

Rodney
You know - there are petition sites we could use for this... Maybe if faced with a really big one... Including the "we shall boycott you if..." bit...
Top   #172
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Pfft. Now I have a BIG question.

Just HOW big is Poppy's book ?

I just received my Illuminati deck from Schiffer. (LOVELY box, by the way, and good, if a bit thick by MY standards , card stock) - and it comes with a 176 page book. And I suspect they could use slightly thinner paper in it, if Poppy's book is that much bigger.... and a tighter layout.
Top   #173
Citizen

banbha 

I support a boycott if her deck is held hostage.

I'm also not pleased that Poppy's vision is being compromised to such a degree. I want her book, not Schiffers.
Top   #174
Resident

JoLister 

I had a response from Schiffer saying that they are working with Poppy to create a product that will honour her beautiful writing. Anyone else had a response?
Top   #175
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Nope.

But just how long is her book - do we know ? Because the 176 page one for the Illuminati that I mentioned could easily use thinner paper and a less lavish layout and the cards could be a fraction thinner too to make more depth for the book, even if the box has to be standard.
Top   #176
Resident

JoLister 

From Poppy -
I have just had confirmation form Schiffer that they are going ahead. Phew, it is SUCH a relief! Not sure how they are going to get around the book being too big...maybe the type will be so minuscule it can't be read? Who knows! I am so very grateful to you for your support - THANK YOU - and for the kindness of all the Aeclectic folk. Can you give them my love and say how much it means to me to have their confidence in my work - to know what i do is valued is so precious to me. Please know that I am deeply grateful.

Excellent news!
Top   #177
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

THAT's a relief.
Top   #178
Citizen

banbha 

This is wonderful news! So happy for Poppy.
Top   #179
Citizen

Carojulie 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLister View Post
I had a response from Schiffer saying that they are working with Poppy to create a product that will honour her beautiful writing. Anyone else had a response?
Yes I also had a response, same day I sent my message to them. They were telling me that "the Everyday Enchantment Tarot project is currently in the pipeline for Schiffer's spring 2018 catalogue"
English is not my first language and I can miss detailed precisions, but I think that means that the project is seriously considered, though nothing is definitively decided, isn't it ?
Sounds good I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLister View Post
From Poppy -
I have just had confirmation form Schiffer that they are going ahead. Phew, it is SUCH a relief! Not sure how they are going to get around the book being too big...maybe the type will be so minuscule it can't be read? Who knows! I am so very grateful to you for your support - THANK YOU - and for the kindness of all the Aeclectic folk. Can you give them my love and say how much it means to me to have their confidence in my work - to know what i do is valued is so precious to me. Please know that I am deeply grateful.

Excellent news!
That is excellent news and I am very happy for Poppy ! And also for ourselves and for Schiffer too
Top   #180
Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.