The Everyday Tarot - Poppy Palin

lightpers

Thanks for sharing Whitewolfy, i love the artwork and the way the artist represent the cards!

hope the deck will soon asap be publish!

Thoughtful

For those following the creation of this Tarot Deck, and in case you have not seen Poppy's recent additions she has added......

Knight of Wands
7 Coins
6 Coins
7 Cups

l am really looking forward to this Tarot :)
http://www.poppypalin.org/tarot.htm[/QUOTE]

MoonGypsy

Thank You for the update! i adore Poppy and her art, and cannot wait
for this deck to be completed and available. xoxox

HuskyChariot

That Temperance card is really interesting. I had to look twice.

The world card is pleasing as well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm really looking forward to this one!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

shadowdancer

I said on a different thread, the courts in this deck are the best I have seen anywhere. You just know the energy, personality, suit etc from the image in an instant.

Keep sending thoughts for Poppy - unbelievably she still has not had a publisher take it up. This deck needs to see the light of day. IMO it is better than many that are being published through publishers at the moment.

auntie

I agree (about the court cards and all the other compliments)! The cards are clearly designed not just by a real artist, but by someone who knows how to use a deck with skill. It's so unusual! I'm so tired of all these decks with nice art that have little relation to the traditional divinatory meanings - nice to look at, impossible, or at best inefficient to read with. And I am especially interested in modern imagery that includes urban elements and environments that are not just a style choice. How can this not find a publisher? Llewellyn, Schiffer, US Games - I don't think any of them have decks as good as this out recently or on the way. I'm not dissing the other decks for fun or aesthetic - I'm just talking about decks where the art really thoughtfully portrays the interpretation of the card.

shadowdancer

I agree (about the court cards and all the other compliments)! The cards are clearly designed not just by a real artist, but by someone who knows how to use a deck with skill. It's so unusual! I'm so tired of all these decks with nice art that have little relation to the traditional divinatory meanings - nice to look at, impossible, or at best inefficient to read with. And I am especially interested in modern imagery that includes urban elements and environments that are not just a style choice. How can this not find a publisher? Llewellyn, Schiffer, US Games - I don't think any of them have decks as good as this out recently or on the way. I'm not dissing the other decks for fun or aesthetic - I'm just talking about decks where the art really thoughtfully portrays the interpretation of the card.

Well said.... this is a genuine reading deck of terrific substance. And it is a modern day deck - something we see so little of in the tarot world. I know Schiffer turned it down, even though I had contacted them and pleaded with them to give it due attention.

How many people contacting a publisher does it take for them to actually give serious consideration I wonder. This has so much going for it, and it will be more than a shame if a publisher looks past it and offers another deck that is pretty but not a deck that has potential to be a real workhorse of a reading deck.

Wendywu

This is a brilliant deck. It is the first non TdM that I have wanted in a long time, but I know I will be buying this one.

Anyone know a deck publisher Gregory? That they could point at the website?

The other option is Gamecrafter - and I daresay Lynryd (Blue Fusion) would be happy to give some advice on that one if asked.

HuskyChariot

If publishing equals borders ... I actually hope it ends up being self-published, sans borders with the artist having some control over the final look and feel.