The Everyday Tarot - Poppy Palin

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

The problem with self publishing is the cost if you haven't gone for crowd-funding options.

I like this one so much I think I'd take it anyway it came, and if I hated the borders I'd just chop 'em off
Top   #81
Citizen

Tansey Ella 

I want this deck any way it is published. I have her other deck and love the spirit of it. Is there a mailing list to be notified or should we just watch this thread?
Top   #82
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoughtful View Post
l have had a lovely email from Poppy, bless her she is still working on her cards. She is hoping to get a publisher for her deck. Apparently Schiffer have said that tarot in general are not selling well for them, so looks like they have declined. l am surprised at that.
Serves them right for published Heroes and also for the boxes that make their stuff pricier than most.
Top   #83
Citizen

shadowdancer 

Poppy has updated with a few new cards:

http://www.poppypalin.org/tarot.htm

Please keep supporting her if this is a deck you like the look of. She has had a lot of rejections from publishers This is a reading deck I would not hesitate to reach for. I cannot understand why this is being turned down - it has so much going for it, and is a genre that is so under-represented.
Top   #84
Citizen

BodhiSeed 

I have worked with Printer Studio to self-publish my deck, and they were fantastic. They have several companies around the world, so they can ship from a variety of places. My friend (Shadowlynx) who created the Viking Lenormand just lets them handle and ship orders for her deck as they come in, so there are no huge fees to pay. Maybe Poppy could check them out?
Top   #85
Citizen

shadowdancer 

I had suggested the self printing route, but she has problems using a computer for any length of time, and also has limited outlets for advertising the deck herself.

You are right about Printer Studio as being a good suggestion. I had already recommended them. They are the printers I am using for my deck.
Top   #86
Citizen

aquestionmark 

This deck is wonderful, it is creative and very different which I like. You can see the heart and soul put into each picture.. I am excited and hopeful that Poppy will find someone to print her deck.
Top   #87
Citizen

daphne 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdancer View Post
This is a reading deck I would not hesitate to reach for. I cannot understand why this is being turned down - it has so much going for it, and is a genre that is so under-represented.
As you say. I would also buy this right away.
This is an excellent deck, why do they turn it down, it really makes no sense.
Top   #88
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 

With the Wild Spirit she said she didn't create the Wild Spirit as a Tarot but the publisher wanted her to call it a Tarot so she did. That's why even though the cards are numbered and named like each of the 78 Tarot cards, the images are quite different from traditional Tarot and if you aren't an experienced reader the deck might be hard for you to read. It took me quite awhile to get the hang of reading with it when I first got it several years ago. I got it when it first came out in 2002 so it's been out for about 13 years.
Top   #89
Citizen

shadowdancer 

Poppy is still working on this deck, and producing some corking images.
She has totally nailed that 9 of wands, and it would be a great card to interpret - so much to gleam from one scene. Absolutely brilliant.

Keep sending the vibes that a publisher realises this will be a deck more than worthy of taking up.
Top   #90
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us.