EDSG #8 - 5 Pentacles, 3 Wands, Chariot

rwcarter

For this next set of cards, we have the 5 Pentacles (Earth), 3 Wands (Fire) and Chariot (Water) or EFW. Fire and Water are unfriendly elements, Earth and Water are friendly elements and Earth and Fire are neutral elements. By traditional Golden Dawn rules, neutral interactions are considered to be friendly. I leave them as neutral and let the cards themselves tell me if they want to stay neutral or take a side. This triad is predominantly passive because of the Earth and Water cards.

EFW - My notes from SuperTarot say that Earth is the strongest card as Fire is weakened by Water, which is strengthened by Earth, thereby extinguishing the Fire's heat. But in certain situations, Earth and Water could combine as fuel to support the Fire's actions.

FWE - Again Earth is the strongest card as Fire and Water weaken each other. The triad reflects a settled situation that gets concentrated with time. I disagree with the following statement because I don't look at neutral interactions this way, but I'll throw it out there anyway - "Fire and Earth are friendly to each other, ganging up on Water, which is under great pressure."

WEF - Earth is strongest since it's between the fighting elements of Fire and Water. (I usually don't pay attention to the interaction of the flanking cards.)

Work/Career
EFW - Waiting for your boss' feedback on your report (3W) shakes your confidence (VII), causing you to worry about being fired (5P).
FWE - You want to move forward on the project (VII) but you have to wait for approval from upper management (3W) lest you find yourself without a job (5P).
WEF - You fall out of favor with your boss (5P) because you waited too long (3W) to move on an opportunity (VII).

Finances
EFW - You waited too long (3W) out of uncertainty (VII) and missed out on a great opportunity (5P).
FWE - You jumped on an opportunity (VII) too fast (3W) and lost a lot of money (5P).
WEF - Poverty (5P) from spending your money recklessly (VII) instead of investing it (3W).

Relationships
EFW - Taking your time to get to know the other person (3W) instead of rushing into a relationship with them (VII) will allow the relationship to weather any storm (5P).
FWE - You rushed into a relationship (VII) with someone you didn't know (3W - because we can't see his face), and they took all your money (5P).
WEF - Your relationship is strong (5P) because it moved along at just the right speed (VII) instead of stalling out (3W).

Home
EFW - You have to wait for your offer to be accepted (3W) before recklessly spending money on things (VII) or else you'll lose the house (5P).
FWE - Your impulsive actions (VII) are fueled by your fear of being homeless (5P) when you would've done better just to wait (3W).
WEF - You may be homeless (5P) and without a car (VII), but you know that one day your ship is going to come in (3W - things are going to get better).

Attachments

• AT EDSG #8 - EFW.jpg
    AT EDSG #8 - EFW.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 616
  • AT EDSG #8 - FWE.jpg
    AT EDSG #8 - FWE.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 580
  • AT EDSG #8 - WEF.jpg
    AT EDSG #8 - WEF.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 590

REsubmerged

Alright, I'm going to try my hand at this.
5 of Pentacles - 3 of Wands - Chariot

Work/Career
You want to go forward with your plans for a project (3W) yet lack of control (VII) and money problems block you.

Finances
You never seem to have enough (5P) because you are constantly struggling to gain control of your finances (VII) and implement your plan to move ahead in life (3W).

Relationships
You prefer to the lead (3W) in your relationship, yet this causes emotional struggles (VII) that leave you alone and isolated.

Home
You are ready to move from your current place and see what's out there (3W) but you can't afford to (5P) because of car problems (VII).

rwcarter

Thanks REsubmerged for providing interpretations! I often feel like I'm talking to an empty room.... :(

Alright, I'm going to try my hand at this.
5 of Pentacles - 3 of Wands - Chariot

Work/Career
You want to go forward with your plans for a project (3W) yet lack of control (VII) and money problems block you.
I really like that!

Finances
You never seem to have enough (5P) because you are constantly struggling to gain control of your finances (VII) and implement your plan to move ahead in life (3W).
And this one too!

Relationships
You prefer to the lead (3W) in your relationship, yet this causes emotional struggles (VII) that leave you alone and isolated.
I don't see "alone and isolated" in the 5P, but I definitely know people for whom your interpretation is oh so true....

Home
You are ready to move from your current place and see what's out there (3W) but you can't afford to (5P) because of car problems (VII).
Quite a valid interpretation.

If you're so inclined, please give your takes on the other exercises! I'd love to see them.

Rodney

REsubmerged

Thanks REsubmerged for providing interpretations! I often feel like I'm talking to an empty room.... :(

If you're so inclined, please give your takes on the other exercises! I'd love to see them.

Rodney

I just started studying ED's and I LOVE IT!

I'll definitely post on the others. This is fun!