Tarot Shadow Work by Christine Jette

Marie-Bernard

I've decided to start and I'm using Shadowscapes. I'm worried I might have really negative associations with the chosen deck by the time I'm through and I don't want to 'ruin' one of my beloved dark decks like that. :) Shadowscapes is pretty, but I'm not very attached to it.

LisaStarlight

I've just found this thread now, and I'm so glad because I've just started working with the book.

I'm using the Dark Grimoire tarot deck for this work. I thought the images were pretty dark and shiver-inducing, but working with them, I've found that they're actually quite gentle. Which is great.

I'm not sure how long it's going to take me to go through the book, though, as I seem to be taking one night for the spread, and a couple of nights - or more - to meditate on each card separately.

I started the shadow work at the beginning of February, and I'm not sure if it's linked, but February has been simply UNBELIEVABLE. Intense. Tiring. Moody.

Is that normal? Did anyone else have anything like that happen? Is it because I'm shifting stuff? I usually do a Reiki self-healing after each meditation on the cards.

EnchantedFairyForest

Interesting thread; now I'm curious about this book. However I don't own any Dark Tarot's right at the moment but this book is added to my wish list. Plan on buying the Dreamers Tarot's in the future.

rwcarter

As excerpted from the book in Post 2, any deck can be used with the book. It doesn't have to be a dark deck....

coyoteblack

I will start on my alter tonight and start the readings saturday

rwcarter

That reminds me, Tarot Shadow Work Study Group for those who are interested. Discussion about the book should occur here in Tarot Books & Media, but discussion of the exercises should occur over in Study Groups.

daphne

today I started reading a different book about Jung and Tarot so that I'll be well prepared for 'Tarot Shadow Work.' :D

Can you please tell me what book is that about Jung and Tarot?

Marie-Bernard

Can you please tell me what book is that about Jung and Tarot?

I just sold it, it was by Rose Gwain. Ended up not reading it, so I can't really say as I'd recommend it to anyone.

coyoteblack

I should have all of my prep work done tonight including a nice house cleaning. i will have my star of discovery started tomorrow night i hope. Loo,ms like a few people are in the work group already.

coyoteblack

The thread has restarted and Marie-Bernard and My self already did our star of discovery if anyone else would like to join us.