PCS Commemorative Tarot Set vs. PCS Centennial Tarot deck

ravenest

I wonder, if some time in the future, the postcards will make their way into the deck ? (Like some people have done with the Thoth hexagram and extra magician cards)

Are the post cards printed off the same sheets ? (Like same size/ backs, etc? )

Richard

I wonder, if some time in the future, the postcards will make their way into the deck ? (Like some people have done with the Thoth hexagram and extra magician cards)

Are the post cards printed off the same sheets ? (Like same size/ backs, etc? )
In the PCS set they are regular post card size. The OP was whether the Tarot decks are the same in the PCS Commemorative and the Smith-Waite Centennial, not about supplementary cards or materials. The answer, according to USG, is yes, the decks are the same. However, some people have noticed some differences in the card stock and colors.

Gulliver

OMG, the forum is so huge, I didn't notice that so many have answered. Thanks for the insights!
I've seen the images of the Centennial for the very first time and noticed, that some faces have a kind of stripes (for instance the fool). Reddish/skin-coloured stripes, one is able to see if the images are close to the eyes. I see the stripes also in a distance, this would bother me if I would try to read with them.
My friend isn't bothered, she doesn't see the stripes in a distance.

Has she a misprint or does anybody else notice such stripes?

caridwen

OMG, the forum is so huge, I didn't notice that so many have answered. Thanks for the insights!
I've seen the images of the Centennial for the very first time and noticed, that some faces have a kind of stripes (for instance the fool). Reddish/skin-coloured stripes, one is able to see if the images are close to the eyes. I see the stripes also in a distance, this would bother me if I would try to read with them.

I'm waiting for this deck to arrive and will let you know if I see stripes! I hope not:)

Richard

The Smith-Waite Centennial that came in my PCS Commemorative Set is like that, but I never noticed it until now. Here's a scan.

Attachments

• swcfool.jpg
    swcfool.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 398

Gulliver

Thanks, LRichard! Yes, that it's what I mean. My friend told me, she doesn't see the stripes if she works with the cards. She sees them only if she looks close to the eyes. So it is not that problem. Don't know if all cards are in this way, but I see the stripes in a distance and find it a bit disturbing. I thought about purchasing...

Gulliver

Thanks, Roppo, very interesting! I didn't know that before.

Twize

Request please

Would be interesting see the real differences between these decks side by side.

Does anyone have a collection of these cards to show the rest of us?

It's hard to find decent pics from both of these Centennial editions when searching.