Magpie Oracle

EightWands

Did a search but nothing came up. My apologies if this has been discussed. Has anyone heard of the Magpie Oracle? It's a Lenormand "deck" but in charm form. Im very interested in getting this!
http://carrieparis.com/magpie-oracle/

MoonGypsy

It has been on my wish list for a couple of months...:)

EightWands

It has been on my wish list for a couple of months...:)

It looks amazing! :) I saw someone use them on YouTube, and did a search. What a beautiful set! The creator also has a bunch of charts for download, to use with them.

greatdane

I am surprised it's not called a Lenormand

I wouldn't have looked under oracle. Thank you for bringing to our attention. EDIT: just checked it out and I get it. Since you cast them, it's considered an oracle? I'm sure well worth the money to those who want it, but I wouldn't use it. VERY pretty though.

MoonGypsy

I wouldn't have looked under oracle. Thank you for bringing to our attention. EDIT: just checked it out and I get it. Since you cast them, it's considered an oracle? I'm sure well worth the money to those who want it, but I wouldn't use it. VERY pretty though.

i am not surprised it isn't called a Lenormand. Strictly speaking, Lenormand refers to Cards...["cartomancy"]
i suppose it could have been called a "Lenoracle", but that term was originated [as far as i can tell] by our seven stars...

greatdane

well that's why I edited it after I saw it, MG. I get it after viewing. Lenormand symbols but you cast them. Interesting concept. So if you had all tarot symbols in charms (wow, that would be LOTS of charms), it would be an oracle just because you're casting them, right? Oracle refers to when you cast?

MoonGypsy

Casting is a form of Divination/Oracle...Yes. :)

EightWands

You can cast yes, BUT the lady I saw using them on youtube just drew one out of the bag, and placed alongside a tarot card as part of a reading. So I imagine you could just pull a charm and place it in a spread just like you would with a card.

MoonGypsy

You can cast yes, BUT the lady I saw using them on youtube just drew one out of the bag, and placed alongside a tarot card as part of a reading. So I imagine you could just pull a charm and place it in a spread just like you would with a card.

That would probably be my favorite way of using them..
but of course it would still be considered an oracle...;)