do reoccurring themes have significance?

Siochanai

Hello everyone,

I have been doing quite a bit of self reflection over the last five months or so just trying to put words to various things I have experienced. I reviewed my dream logs, tarot readings, oracle readings, visions etc... that I have experienced since I started keeping records a few years ago.

I have come across a pattern amongst them all combined almost like a intertwined series of themes which keep repeating minus the few discrepancies which exist I find the following themes... Sadness, darkness, and evil. These are kind of broad because each theme has its own complexities.

I am sure these themes are trying to carry some sort of greater significance to me but I just can't seem to pin point it. Overall in life I am nice, caring and happy. I doubt any of it has to do with me being lonely from time to time but I just have not found someone yet.

Anyone here think reoccurring themes across various different mediums carry any sort of significance? Any opinions on what this might be?

I would appreciate any input and or discussion of the idea as this really interests me as a hole much knowledge can be gained from understanding reoccurring themes.

geronimo

I think reoccurring themes in dreams are pretty important. It does indeed tell you how you're wired. I don't think there is anything to be necessarily concerned about. You could just have a lot of feelings. Could be telling you there are things in your life that you haven't really come to terms with.

When I look back at my old diaries, I see how I've always had a strong sense of longing and wanting more. Not appreciating what I do/did have, but that has a lot to do with having a crazy mother and physically/mentally abusive stepfather. This is the most difficult habit to break because I've had this attitude my entire life, and has unfortunately transformed into a victim mentality, even though I am free of that crazy place.

So maybe look at what you were going through at the time. What are the themes of the events they had to do with? And I think that's the gold, telling you what the trigger is, what you don't know how to deal with.

Bledjo

Everything in life is a lesson of growth and until you have grown past or learned the lesson its trying to teach you it will repeat in different ways in different areas of your life and try to get ur attention in louder and louder ways untill you grasp it. Granted im sure this is a pretty obvious statement and does you no good but my point is: I find poseing the synchronisity of ur life in matter that fits into that "what is this trying to teach me" kind of question sometimes yeilds good results. For instance when I was younger I was having a hard time because a huge number of people I knew died within a couple months from various things from old age to overdose to simple accidents and cancer. So being very upset about this I was trying to search for answers to why all of a sudden sp many people around my that I cared about were dieing and as cruel of a lesson as it sounds I ended up learning a hell of a lot about impermanence, the cycle of life and death and just in general cherishing the moments you have today because tomorrow is never really guaranteed. Kind of a grim example I guess but my point is looking at it from a different angle a lot of the time yeilds results.