Apps for tarot?

Xoglitteredsouls

Hey fellow tarot enthusiasts I have an iphone 5 and was wondering if there are any tarot apps you know of? Thanks:)

Onyx

There are a couple of threads on tarot apps in the Books and Media thread.

For the iPhone any of the Fool's Dog apps are all great and have a great variety if decks to choose.

TRIANGLE

I have an app, by a company called Brainscape, called Tarot Card Memorizer. It uses the Rider Waite deck. It's free to see the major arcana and costs a couple of quid to view and learn from the entire deck.

It's probably one for people starting out, to learn some key phrases for each card (upright and reversed). It uses some well-researched cognitive learning theories to flash the cards at you (which does seem pretty good..). It relies on only a few key phrases, which I am not the biggest fan of (and it's my understanding that this is considered not the greatest way to learn - memorising key phrases). What I *do* like though is that there are big, high quality images of every card in the deck and I can sit and stare at them wherever I am. The key words are quite useful for the cards I have learned about already; they refresh my memory, mostly, and reassure me that I'm on the right track. The *best* thing is being able to rifle through a deck wherever I am (recent favourite places: the dentist's waiting room, on many trains, during some insomnia time whilst my partner slept!)

Smiling

I love the Beautiful Tarot app. I have it on my ipad, and it's great because you can pull cards individually, and they also offer a few spreads.