Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

baba-prague

Thank-you - about a million times in fact.

It feels a little odd to almost be leaving the Creation forum (which I have to say is always one of the friendliest places here) and to be in a way "launched" on to the world. But as M-Press and Astra have already done this so recently at least we are in good company.

They will understand when I say that it is quite strange in a way to watch the cards find their own place in the world. I don't think the fact that it's the second time we've done this makes it a less emotional experience. When I hear that they are in New York I almost think "but how?". It IS strange.

I have no doubt, CatDoc, that you will also be following this same path before too long :)

MuffinTops

Oh Yeah!

Now I'll be waiting for Catdoc's deck...My favorite subject...KITTIES!!

M-Press

Yeeha!!!!
I had to reply to that!!!
I have to say, that if it wasn't for the ToP and then the intense "cooking" of the BBCats, that there probably was no Sakki-Sakki Tarot going anywhere!!!
I'm delighted to hear that the "second" time is as exciting, it sure gives hope and comfort that there "IS" a future, no matter what happens in the present.
he..he... WE are in good company!!!
;)

baba-prague

It's every bit as exciting second time - and I get just as anxious too. I think that it so much takes over your life - you know how this is - that it's inevitably a very emotional thing when it finally goes "out there" into people's hands. I honestly am still sometimes designing cards in my head. I think in the end it's why we carry on - in a way one deck leads to another... you learn so much from doing each. Although in fact our next project is not a tarot deck, and is quite different really.

Anyway, DRAT - it's late here and I really have to go home. I have a feeling I am going to miss the crucial moments of the deck actually arriving. Although of course that's silly, as we are still posting, so it will go on arriving for days and weeks yet.

Kirali

Yay! I just got my deck/book set yesterday! The artwork is amazing! I love it.. I love the cats, the costumes, the artwork. The book is well done... Or what I've read of it so far. Very well written. I can't wait to read with it. This deck now has me looking at scans of the Tarot of Prague hehe.

Thanks so much Karen and Alex! :) :) :)

EarthAngel2911

Oh, I'm so envious of all of you who've gotten your decks!! Oh, where, oh where are my kitties???? :( ;)

ambermoon

I simply MUST have this deck. It was one of the first things that stood out to me when I found the AT site. Cats and historical costume--it was a given. I love both. Then, realizing that the theme was expressed with such depth and balance, that it isn't superficial or saccharine--OH MY!

So my question is--What's the quickest way to get this deck into my hands? I am in the US. I have called all the NYC shops that sell tarot decks, but they don't have it.

I am a bit confused (nothing new, there) about ordering it directly from the artists' site--it says that pre-orders are closed and yet the shopping cart looks like it is still for pre-orders.

There is nothing worse than the dilemma of having money to spend and not knowing where to spend it. What to do, what to do?

ambermoon

baba-prague

ordering from us is possible :)

Oh, I should take that notice off the site. Yes, the pre-orders (i.e. people who ordered before the deck was published - in line with many others we offer a special discount for pre-orders) are now finished - although anyone who sent a pre-order but still needs to pay and send their address can still do so for another week or so- but ordinary orders are open.

I've just edited to try to make this more clear - sorry if it was confusing.

We were so busy with meeting the orders that had been pre-ordered, if you see what I mean, that I may not have updated the ordinary ordering info as much as necessary.

So - yes, you can of course order direct from us. We have just done a trip to the post office but will be sending again from Monday (no postal services here at the weekend, which is a bit of a pain). We will also be shipping to our distributors any day now (we had to hold off as they worked out numbers) which means that the deck should be in stock on Amazon and in bookstores sometime in early September (it just takes that long to get across the ocean).

I know what you mean about costumes by the way. We have a teeny tiny "wardrobe dept" now, with lots of little silk costumes on hangers, and it gives me a thrill every time I see it. I have just loved doing this work (even though I only got to decorate the costumes, Anna made them).

Lee

Re: ordering from us is possible :)

baba-prague said:
We have a teeny tiny "wardrobe dept" now, with lots of little silk costumes on hangers, and it gives me a thrill every time I see it.
Hi baba, I just have to ask, when you say you have the little silk costumes on hangers, do you mean that the hangers themselves are also little? I just have this wonderful image of teeny-tiny clothes on teeny-tiny hangers.

-- Lee

baba-prague

Er, well, it may sound ludicrous, but yes, the hangers are also tiny. Partly I had some little hangers (socks and things come on them) and partly since she arrived Anna has been making special little hangers (she uses copper wire and a pair of plyers - and she is pretty good at it!)

We used to keep the costumes in a box, but hanging them is better for them - and I have to say it, it also looks incredibly evocative - like finding that you've fallen into a story of Gulliver.