Matching fictional characters to court cards learning exercise

nisaba

Queen of Wands - miss piggy (Id say she's a BIT impulsive and catty)
Or she's a Queen Cups - she's always after Kermit, and while she thinks her romantic life is awe-inspiring, the rest of us think it's faintly ridiculous.

King of Pentacles - Kermit (def down to earth, patient...and green!)
Knight Cups: everyone's favourite little green guy, sings love-songs and loneliness-songs (It's not easy being green), just trying to have a little fun and pleasure in life.

I don't know the others well enough to comment. How 'bout Sesame Street Characters? Big Bird has got to be the archetypical Fool, he's so perpetually innocent. The Count, as a highly intellectual man (he knows counting, history AND numbers!) would have to be the King Swords.

Bert and Ernie ... Well, Bert is so grumpy and so cautious and reluctant to change, he's an obvious contender for the Knight Pentacles. Ernie is more Airy and will try anything without thinking it through - the Knight Swords.

Oscar the Grouch lives in a rubbish bin - how much Earthier can you get? The King Pentacles, I'd say. After all, it is his territory.

auberose

Thanks all for your input! :) Glad some of you have found the idea of the exercise useful. Miss Nine to Five, I love the Muppet Court haha! :D Picking a particular show/franchise and doing the Courts with them is a great idea. And I really like the suggestion of doing readings for fictional characters, Nisaba. Definitely going to try that, thank you. :) If anyone else does try this exercise I'd love to hear which characters you come up with too!

MissNine

Nisaba...you win on King of Pentacles. HAHA! Love the "earthy" trash can.

Morwenna, thank you for the compliment :) Your post brought on some creativity for me!