DVDomancy

Mycroft

Obsessive behavior is always a possibility when trying to perfect something that cannot ever be perfected so this is telling me to be aware of that.
Very true Goddess, this is why I personally subscribe to the physical exercise theories of another of America's great sporting heroes;

hdb.jpg

Phoenix11

Hello Mycroft,

I'd like a spot on your list, please. Any developments in my love life? (currently single)

My numbers are 110369 and 100500

Thank you!

samantha

This should be interesting !

546702 540819

Can't wait to see what this brings up !!

EDIT: I guess my question would be general : Where does the DVD see my life heading?

pumpkins

i'd like to sit please!

278655 and 778899

i would like to know what kind of relationship potential is there to be developed between myself and FE in this lifetime?

thanks

Mycroft

starchaser1277

starchaser1277 - "How will my love life progress? I'm in a relationship." Numbers - 041765 and 052596.

Repeated subtraction of the total number of discs from your first six digits gave 1751, and repeated subtraction of the film's length from your second six digits gave 68. Therefore we are looking at what happens in the 68th minute of DVD No 1751 which was;

Never Say Never Again (1983)
www.imdb.com/title/tt0086006/‎
Directed by Irvin Kershner. With Sean Connery, Kim Basinger, Klaus Maria Brandauer. A SPECTRE agent has stolen two American nuclear warheads, and James Bond must find their targets before they are detonated.

In the 68th minute Bond and the baddy play a computer game called 'Global Domination'. The game is a microcosm of the film's plot itself, because it involves preventing two nuclear warheads from hitting their target. Only when the villain succeeds in destroying 'Spain' does Bond discover that the hand controls deliver an electric shock to the loser. His villainous host delights in informing him of this minor detail and says that because Bond was unaware of this, he will forgo the $9,000 they were playing for, and they will start again from scratch.

03_SC.png

The scene displays a standard James Bond theme, that of the villain who cannot resist gloating and actually signalling all of his intentions and plans to our hero, whilst at the same time attempting to publicly humiliate him. As we expect Bond ultimately triumphs both in the game and at the end of the movie, thus saving the world yet again.

My personal interpretation with regard to your question, is that it is about power struggles and how we can tend to play games in all areas of our lives, each person struggling to gain a little more control and power than the other. James Bond is the polar opposite of all the villains because he has the one thing they don't - self esteem. There is no need to try and control situations in order to make yourself better if you already feel good about yourself. Declining to play someone else's game removes the notion of success and failure, and creates a level playing-field where meaningful communication can take place.

What would your personal interpretation be SC?

starchaser1277

starchaser1277 - "How will my love life progress? I'm in a relationship." Numbers - 041765 and 052596.

Repeated subtraction of the total number of discs from your first six digits gave 1751, and repeated subtraction of the film's length from your second six digits gave 68. Therefore we are looking at what happens in the 68th minute of DVD No 1751 which was;

Never Say Never Again (1983)
www.imdb.com/title/tt0086006/‎
Directed by Irvin Kershner. With Sean Connery, Kim Basinger, Klaus Maria Brandauer. A SPECTRE agent has stolen two American nuclear warheads, and James Bond must find their targets before they are detonated.

In the 68th minute Bond and the baddy play a computer game called 'Global Domination'. The game is a microcosm of the film's plot itself, because it involves preventing two nuclear warheads from hitting their target. Only when the villain succeeds in destroying 'Spain' does Bond discover that the hand controls deliver an electric shock to the loser. His villainous host delights in informing him of this minor detail and says that because Bond was unaware of this, he will forgo the $9,000 they were playing for, and they will start again from scratch.

03_SC.png

The scene displays a standard James Bond theme, that of the villain who cannot resist gloating and actually signalling all of his intentions and plans to our hero, whilst at the same time attempting to publicly humiliate him. As we expect Bond ultimately triumphs both in the game and at the end of the movie, thus saving the world yet again.

My personal interpretation with regard to your question, is that it is about power struggles and how we can tend to play games in all areas of our lives, each person struggling to gain a little more control and power than the other. James Bond is the polar opposite of all the villains because he has the one thing they don't - self esteem. There is no need to try and control situations in order to make yourself better if you already feel good about yourself. Declining to play someone else's game removes the notion of success and failure, and creates a level playing-field where meaningful communication can take place.

What would your personal interpretation be SC?
Power struggles is probably accurate, my guy is the typical Type A personality, and very much enjoys running the show. I am very much an independent woman and having someone who tries to tell me what to do doesn't fly with me most of the time. This leads to some conflicts (minor of course), as I feel that I can make my own decisions. The power struggle was our biggest challenge in our relationship, I truly feel he means well and its in his nature as he is a strong leader, however like I said I am an independent thinker and do not need someone to lead me. Declining to play games also rings true, my motto is chose my battles, if it isn't worth a battle I chose not to argue. You are right, not everything needs to be a win/lose situation.

Now on an unrelated note, the Bond movies happen to be a favorite series of my father! Though I do not specifically remember watching this one with him, there were several Bond movies he would watch over and over again. I'm finding it erie that my numbers led to a bond movie because my father lives a crossed the country, and I have been missing him lately, and was specifically looking forward to him visiting me in a few weeks as I was writing my numbers and my question the other day. Every little girl does see their father as their first super hero, the person who steps in and saves the day. My father is a bond type man, able to cleaverly outwit any advosary!

Thank you this was very interesting!!!!!
Jess

katieb

Hi Mycroft just a heads up that i'll comment sometime during the day as I can't quote with my phone

Mycroft

I'm finding it erie that my numbers led to a bond movie...
It's spookier than you think Jess. When I was doing your reading I got my cursor in the wrong position at first, and ended up in the 12th minute by mistake. This is what happens in NSNA at that point;

04_SC.png

A Mata Hari spy disguised as a nurse beats up the traitor and then gives him a fix of heroin, which I'm sure (or at least I hope) is not the kind of health care you practice!

Mycroft

Hi Mycroft just a heads up that i'll comment sometime during the day as I can't quote with my phone
Always a pleasure to wait for you KB.