DVDomancy

Mycroft

Phoenix11 - " Any developments in my love life? (currently single)" Numbers - 110369 and 100500.

Repeated subtraction of the total number of discs from your first six digits gave 3665, and repeated subtraction of the film's length from your second six digits gave 27. Therefore we are looking at what happens in the 27th minute of DVD No 3665 which was;

Withnail & I (1987)
www.imdb.com/title/tt0094336/
Directed by Bruce Robinson. With Richard E. Grant, Paul McGann, Richard Griffiths. Two down-on-their-luck actors find solace in drink and other substances. Seeking respite from their uneventful lives they escape to a stone cottage where their wits are tested, along with their friendship.

In this minute, Withnail (Grant) is explaining to Uncle Monty that Marwood (McGann) is a poet. Monty is unimpressed by the fact that Marwood is unpublished until Withnail lies and tells him; "He went to the other place", Monty replies "Oh you were at Eton" at which point the cat leaps onto the sofa behind Marwood with a loud squeal. Monty explodes with rage, exclaiming that the cat is trying to ingratiate himself and take advantage, and for his disloyalty the cat must die.

03_SC.png

This is the point in the movie where the bleak dereliction of their London home has been swapped for the sumptuous surroundings of Monty's cottage. Withnail has deliberately allowed Monty to think that the naive Marwood is a young man who will be friendly with him, but Withnail is actually manipulating the situation for his own advantage.

My reading with regard to your question is that there may well be developments in your love life, but will they be all that they superficially appear to be? A charmer like Withnail can make everything seem wonderful and effortlessly manipulate people without them realising it. An Uncle Monty figure is usually only interested in carnal pleasures despite their outward show of sophistication. Fortunately, it is the cat (possibly representing his intuition) that saves Marwood from Monty's lecherous advances. In matters of the heart - listen to your inner felines {feelings} would probably seem to be the advice.

What would your personal interpretation be Phoenix11?

starchaser1277

It's spookier than you think Jess. When I was doing your reading I got my cursor in the wrong position at first, and ended up in the 12th minute by mistake. This is what happens in NSNA at that point;

04_SC.png

A Mata Hari spy disguised as a nurse beats up the traitor and then gives him a fix of heroin, which I'm sure (or at least I hope) is not the kind of health care you practice!

Um NO definately not the type of nursing care I provide, however I have my fair share of middled aged male patients suggesting they need a sponge bath, and I chuckle as I say "if both your arms still work you are more than capable of washing your own private parts" HAHA!

Phoenix11

My reading with regard to your question is that there may well be developments in your love life, but will they be all that they superficially appear to be? A charmer like Withnail can make everything seem wonderful and effortlessly manipulate people without them realising it. An Uncle Monty figure is usually only interested in carnal pleasures despite their outward show of sophistication. Fortunately, it is the cat (possibly representing his intuition) that saves Marwood from Monty's lecherous advances. In matters of the heart - listen to your inner felines {feelings} would probably seem to be the advice.

What would your personal interpretation be Phoenix11?

Thank you very much for the reading, Mycroft.

There hasn't really been any developments in my love life for quite some time, it's been a long dry spell :) I have been having some doubts recently about my love life and have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably be single forever.

However, I have been seeing the High Priestess card lately when it comes to this matter and I think it's telling me the same thing - to trust my intuition. I think your reading just reiterates this.

Thank you again for your time!

Mycroft

Smiling - "what do I need to know about our finances this year so that we may remain financially stable?" Numbers - 781263 and 012812.

Repeated subtraction of the total number of discs from your first six digits gave 3213, and repeated subtraction of the film's length from your second six digits gave 2. Therefore we are looking at what happens in the 2nd minute of DVD No 3213 which was;

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/?
Directed by Steven Spielberg. With Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Shia LaBeouf.
Famed archaeologist/adventurer Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones is called back into action when he becomes entangled in a Soviet plot to uncover the secret behind mysterious artifacts known as the Crystal Skulls.

The second minute of the film starts with a group of young kids in an open-top car racing a convoy of military vehicles to the sound of 'Hound Dog'. The convoy turns off down an isolated track and stops at a military checkpoint, where the guards inform them that no-one is allowed in, including the 'Colonel' who gets out of the car. The 'Colonel' then removes his hat and ducks down to reveal a set of soldiers who open fire and kill all the sentries, dragging their bodies into the guard-house before they continue into the secret base.

SMLG.png

The dark forces who will form the challenge to Indiana Jones and set him on a new adventure are revealed right at the start of this film, and their subterfuge coupled with murderous intent makes it plain that these are deadly opponents who will stop at nothing. The mysterious base is actually surrounded by a mock town which is used for nuclear testing, and this sense of an unreal world that is actually real forms a central theme of the movie.

My reading with regard to your question is that in matters of finance you need to be careful about your dealings and examine things to make sure that they are what they purport to be, there are many financial packages which claim to offer fabulous returns but are actually more beneficial to those selling them than they are to the policy holders. Going over the fine print and double-checking all the details, making sure you stay, 'on your guard' would probably be the best synopsis of this message.

What would your personal interpretation be Smiling?

Mycroft

However, I have been seeing the High Priestess card lately when it comes to this matter and I think it's telling me the same thing - to trust my intuition. I think your reading just reiterates this.
When Marwood and Withnail set off on their journey to the cottage in a very battered old Jaguar (another cat), their first encounter is with a group of young schoolgirls. Withnail leans out of the window shouting "Scrubbers!!" to which the girls reply, "On yer bike Grandad!" whilst 'flicking the V's' at him.

000.png

This has often seemed to me to be a portrayal of an Initiation into the Mysteries, with the girls representing a trinity of the divine feminine, because this is precisely what happens to Marwood at the cottage, where he makes many discoveries about life.

Mycroft

Um NO definately not the type of nursing care I provide, however I have my fair share of middled aged male patients suggesting they need a sponge bath, and I chuckle as I say "if both your arms still work you are more than capable of washing your own private parts" HAHA!
SPOILSPORT ! :smoker:

katieb

katieb - "I'd like to know what you see happening in my love life (in a relationship)" Numbers - 516121 and 1762412.

Repeated subtraction of the total number of discs from your first six digits gave 385, and repeated subtraction of the film's length from your second SEVEN digits gave 92. Therefore we are looking at what happens in the 92nd minute of DVD No 385 which was;

Planet of the Apes (1968)
www.imdb.com/title/tt0063442/‎
Directed by Franklin J. Schaffner. With Charlton Heston, Roddy McDowall, Kim Hunter. An astronaut crew crash lands on a planet in the distant future where intelligent talking apes are the dominant species, and humans are the oppressed and enslaved.

The 9nd minute begins in a cave in the Forbidden Zone where the chief ape Dr. Zaius attempts to disprove that the artifacts found there such as dentures, eyeglasses, and a heart valve are the remnants of a technologically advanced human society pre-dating that of the apes. Despite Taylor's (Heston) identification, examination and analysis of them, Zaius still contends that they are no such thing, until the toy doll that Taylor's 'mate' Nova is playing with suddenly utters human speech.

02_KB.png

The sudden exclamation that the talking doll makes is the final proof that Taylor or 'Bright Eyes' as the apes have named him, needs to convince him to journey on with Nova into the heart of the Forbidden Zone, despite Zaius' prophetic warning that he won't like what he'll find there.

My personal interpretation with regard to your question, is that it is about 'finding your voice' and being able to not only challenge but overturn accepted situations. If there are areas which are regarded as Forbidden Zones then they should be entered and the truths that they contain brought out into the open. The ultimate truth may be unpalatable at first, but it is still preferable to living under the tyrannies of delusion and denial, however well-intentioned the meanings behind them may be.

What would your personal interpretation be KB?

Firstly this is one of my favorite movies and I'm happy that you fell on it! What you say and your interpretation is exactly how I would interpret it as well. I am going through a situation and rather than fighting for it, I've accepted defeat. This does shed light onto what is 'forbidden' and yes that it definitely is but not resolved. I still have some pending questions that need to be answered and hoped that by putting it under the rug so to speak that they would go away. It appears that it won't and that I'll need to deal.

This does resonate and I'm quite in awe lol!

Mycroft

samantha - "Where does the DVD see my life heading?" Numbers - 546702 and 540819.

Repeated subtraction of the total number of discs from your first six digits gave 4290, and repeated subtraction of the film's length from your second six digits gave 44. Therefore we are looking at what happens in the 44th minute of DVD No 4290 which was;

Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999)
www.imdb.com/title/tt0157503/‎
Directed by Michael Patrick Jann. With Kirsten Dunst, Denise Richards, Ellen Barkin. A small town beauty pageant turns deadly as it becomes clear that someone will go to any lengths to win.

The 44th minute of the film starts with the contestants arriving on stage to each explain "Why I am proud to be American" and wearing a hat to illustrate their motto. The first one is the spoilt brat (Richards) who's mother is rigging the pageant for her to win, and her explanation is that it is living in a land "where we can put faces on an ugly old mountain" that makes her proud.

DDG.png

The second contestant says that it is "living where lady liberty always keep her torch burning" that makes her proud, although she is ironically unable to light the candle on the statuette in her hat. All the while the judges, who have been bribed by Denise Richards' mother, look on in painful disbelief, presenting a charade of going through the judgement process.

My reading with regard to your question is that 'life's rich pageant' is understood best when you view it as an experience to be both endured and enjoyed. Determining life in terms of achievements and outcomes, where winning is celebrated and losing is punished, ultimately only detracts from the experience, because you become so concerned with where you're going, you forget to find the magic where you are. Make the most of your talents, but don't let things 'go to your head.'

What would your personal interpretation be samantha?

Mycroft

Firstly this is one of my favorite movies and I'm happy that you fell on it! What you say and your interpretation is exactly how I would interpret it as well. I am going through a situation and rather than fighting for it, I've accepted defeat. This does shed light onto what is 'forbidden' and yes that it definitely is but not resolved. I still have some pending questions that need to be answered and hoped that by putting it under the rug so to speak that they would go away. It appears that it won't and that I'll need to deal.
This does resonate and I'm quite in awe lol!
It never works when we push things under the carpet, I know because I try it sometimes, and the problems just keep on peeking back out! I love this movie as well - probably the most iconic ending in cinema history.

Mycroft

pumpkins - "I would like to know what kind of relationship potential is there to be developed between myself and FE in this lifetime?" Numbers - 278655 and 778899.

Repeated subtraction of the total number of discs from your first six digits gave 3003, and repeated subtraction of the film's length from your second six digits gave 51. Therefore we are looking at what happens in the 51st minute of DVD No 3003 which was;

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971)
www.imdb.com/title/tt0067992/‎
Directed by Mel Stuart. With Gene Wilder, Jack Albertson, Peter Ostrum, Roy Kinnear. A poor boy wins the opportunity to tour the most eccentric and wonderful candy factory of all.

The beginning of the 51st minute of the film coincides exactly with Willy Wonka (Wilder) starting to sing "Pure Imagination" - a song all about using your creativity in an uninhibited, positive and active way. Wonka leads the parents and children down the steps, but keeps marshaling them with his cane before allowing them all to enter this 'garden of earthly delights'.

image.png

The character of Willy Wonka in the film shows how important it is to stick to the rules, even if they seem a little wonky or crazy to you. Willy Wonka also sharply illustrates the contrast between an idle fantasist and an active dreamer, who can succeed in bringing their own imaginings to life.

My reading with regard to your question is that "We are such stuff. As dreams are made on" and we have the power to shape our worlds through our imagination. It really depends on how much you believe in something, and how much effort you are prepared to put into making it happen. The game of love though, has rules like all the rest, and if you decide not to play by them ... well, I'm sure you remember what happened to all the children except Charlie!

What would your personal interpretation be pumpkins?