Doctoring Cards to Replace Those Missing

3ill.yazi

[mods: not sure if this is the correct forum, please move if needed]

So I have a lovely TdM deck missing the Fool card, and I'm pretty much without hope of finding anyone willing to spare a single -- it's the Heron print of the Conver, and, though I don't know French well enough to be sure, I doubt Frances Cartes carried it over from the Heron stock, or would be willing to spare one card even if they did, even if I could communicate with them...

I've been using the extra text-covered card that comes with the deck, but it really bugs me when it comes up, and I think throws the energy off.

I got to thinking about doctoring this card in some way, namely printing an illustration of the Fool onto a sticker, if I can find a sticker that's thin enough that doesn't scream, "hey, thick card! it's the fooooool!" Would that the deck had a blank card, I would just draw it on ...

Has anybody done this sort of thing? Any good materials to use?

nisaba

You may want to see if anyone in this thread can help you. Or put out a call in that thread. :)

3ill.yazi

I'm getting an error message with that link. Maybe it's only for subscribers?

dancing_moon

Perhaps, this thread was meant? People post what single cards they miss in a deck, and others who happen to have spares offer their help.

You could also try the Marseilles & Other Early Decks Forum. In fact, someone posted a similar thread there quite recently, and they got replacements from another kind ATer.

Good luck!

3ill.yazi

Thanks. I have already tried the former, but will give the latter a shot.

3ill.yazi

That aside, any tips on doctoring / stickers, etc?

dancing_moon

I got to thinking about doctoring this card in some way, namely printing an illustration of the Fool onto a sticker, if I can find a sticker that's thin enough that doesn't scream, "hey, thick card! it's the fooooool!"

I think this is the best idea so far. I haven't had this kind of problem, but I've got all kinds of cards I'm using, including a deck with a partly damaged edge that peels off a little paper every time I shuffle and hand-made decks on cardboard with random bumps on it. It might bug you at first, but you'll probably get used. :D