Signs to Stop Reading?

Alta

Cats seem to do this when you give this much attention to anything besides them. Just think about when you want to use your computer, the cat is determined that all that nice attention while sitting still should be theirs. :)

celestial

My little dog, would do the same thing, I would start to work with my cards, tarot stuff. she would be beside me, and bark, paw at the table (Coffee table) where that cards laid. When I stopped she stopped, she would also bark at me when I zoned out, to bring me back to this reality. She didn't like me going very far, she kept me in the here and now. She also let me know when was the right time to read, and when not to. She never told me I couldn't read or do tarot stuff, just the timing, sometimes, it is not the right time. so wait 30 min, try again or wait a couple hours, or a day. The animals know you better than you know yourself, they are tuned into you. So they know whats going on with you, and maybe your turning to the cards for something, that you really don't need to know. or it just bad timing to know.

Just my personal experience, take it or leave it, it's all good, no worries.

Yeah, at the very least I think she could be trying to tell me that I'm reading too much! lol

celestial

I don't know that I'd order her a new deck, but if you have an old one that maybe you don't like as well, or is getting worn and needs to be replaced that might help her out. My inside cat's been randomly obsessed with several books (during the book period she'd try to lay on the one I was reading, knock it away from me etc.), dryer sheets, a CD case, an empty cigar box and the dog's bed when he stayed over for a few day. The dog's bed was an expensive one, I bought her one of her own and she was in it constantly for about a week then I never saw her use it again.

I'd recommend an old or unloved deck because if she's anything like Alizae she might bite holes in the cards (mistake I made with a book once).

Oh yes, now that you mention it, I'd grown accustomed to the bite marks in my RWS World card, compliments of kitty. I wasn't serious about buying her her own deck; just using it as an excuse to add to my collection. :)

celestial

More like she is working with her 'guides' ... they are saying, "Why should those cards keep getting all that attention ! "

Yes, that is natural cat behavior, for sure, but she is not prone to meddling with much. She was a feral and is still not big on human companionship, but maybe I should have used tarot to tame her long ago! lol

celestial

Celestial, I think your cat just likes the food you are giving him/her and showing appreciation. I have a cat and it gets excited about me when the food is good and puts its butt on my face when I have not performed.... :(

She had damned well better like her food. It costs a fortune! :)

celestial

It's MUCH more likely she's noticed the amount of Good Energy you give to Tarot, and figures she should be getting it instead. So she does - by physically getting between you and your cards and hoovering it up. After all, if you are (in her eyes) not giving her enough time and giving your deck too much time, what better strategy than to interrupt you every time and physically PUT herself where your attention is going?

I like this explanation best, Nisaba. Good energy flowing and she just wants to soak up some of it. :) She is really only interested in my attention when I'm filling her bowl, or lately (and only the past few days) when I'm working with the cards, but I have definitely been overdoing it the past couple of weeks. A little moderation wouldn't hurt.

celestial

The cat may seem aloof, but s/he still would like to be the center of attention. Cats don't reason like people. C. S. Lewis portrayed God as a cat (Lion) in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, because, as he wrote elsewhere, God is not human.

They may not reason LIKE humans, but that is not to say they don't reason at all. I've seen all manner of such thoughtfulness in my felines, but like my fellow humans, some are smarter than others. This one in particular is bordering on brilliant. :)

celestial

Cats seem to do this when you give this much attention to anything besides them. Just think about when you want to use your computer, the cat is determined that all that nice attention while sitting still should be theirs. :)

Interestingly, she's leaves me alone at the desktop, but the laptop is her super highway sometimes. lol

celestial

My bonnie kitty does this too lol my other cat don't care tho. if she really gets in the way sometimes i can get her to snuggle on my lap. or give her a good play session before so she isn't trying to get the cards. it's sooo cute tho :) i don't mind but my favorite deck has a few kitty bites too.

Yes, I don't mind a few "memorialization marks" on my cards. It will make them all the more special down the road.